You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-03 04:34:59

tconnor9

[Solved] Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse - Scrolling

Hi All,

I have been able to pair my Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 with my new installation of Arch.

All buttons work, and mouse movement is fine. However. I have been unable to get the scroll to work.

I have been trying to achieve this using hotplugging method. I have saved an fdi file at /etc/hal/fdi/policy/btmouse.fdi

<deviceinfo version="0.2">
  <device>
  <match key="info.capabilities" contains="input.mouse">
#   <match key="info.product" contains="macintosh">
      <merge key="input.x11_options.EmulateWheel" type="string">true</merge>
#      <merge key="input.x11_options.EmulateWheelButton" type="string">2</merge>
#      <merge key="input.x11_options.EmulateWheelTimeout" type="string">200</me$
      <merge key="input.x11_options.XAxisMapping" type="string">6 7</merge>
      <merge key="input.x11_options.YAxisMapping" type="string">4 5</merge>
#     <merge key="input.x11_options.protocol" type="string">auto</merge>
    </match>
#   </match>
  </device>
</deviceinfo>

I have looked through the forums and wiki and have been able to find little information regarding the scroll function of the mouse in hotplugging and what options correlate.

The only info i have found is here --> http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Log … rble_Mouse.

Could someone explain where i am going wrong...???

Last edited by tconnor9 (2009-02-11 08:36:39)

#2 2009-02-05 16:25:06

panosk

Re: [Solved] Microsoft Bluetooth Notebook Mouse - Scrolling

Hi,

I bought this mouse a few days ago, and it works fine, even scrolling. However, I don't use an xorg.conf file at all. Have you tried to get rid of it (take a backup of course first smile ) and see what happens? Also, although I tampered the fdi file for the synaptics touchpad, I didn't bother at all for the bluetooth mouse. Still, everything works fine.

#3 2009-02-05 17:12:14

arch_nemesis

Do you mean scroll by rolling the wheel, or scroll by clicking and then moving the mouse up or down? 

I ask only because I didn't have to do anything special for my (not MS) bluetooth mouse for the normal scroll, but the click-scroll doesn't work.  (Though strangely clicking the wheel for other tasks does.)

Sorry I can't help, but I'll be following your progress if you are trying to get click-scroll working.

#4 2009-02-08 00:07:24

tconnor9

Thanks everyone, I mean rolling the wheel.

I tried generating an xorg.conf file from scratch, but still no success.

I will experiment with the *.fdi file i think.

I have not had much time this weekend to investigate further, maybe later today. Will let everyone know the results

#5 2009-02-11 08:35:44

tconnor9

Hi All,

Just an update. I restarted bluetooth service tonight using /etc/rc.d/bluetooth start  and scrolling using the wheel button is now working. hoping this persists between restarts...

Board footer