You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-10 03:39:13

Dethredic
Member
Registered: 2009-01-24
Posts: 361
Website

Some Ubuntu Components For Openbox

So, I am sorry but I like Ubuntu theme not in blue. I am currently looking for:
-the icons (in blue)
-the mouse cursor
-the actual theme (in blue)

I have searched gnome-look.org but I can't find them.

Offline

#2 2009-02-10 06:12:34

Mr Green
Forum Fellow
From: U.K.
Registered: 2003-12-21
Posts: 5,932
Website

Re: Some Ubuntu Components For Openbox


Mr Green

Offline

#3 2009-02-10 07:11:02

Xyne
Forum Fellow
Registered: 2008-08-03
Posts: 6,965
Website

Re: Some Ubuntu Components For Openbox

http://www.box-look.org/
http://www.gnome-look.org/


You can use the mouse cursor, icon and gtk themes from both of those sites. You can find other Openbox themes on box-look.

I'd recommend using lxappearance to set your gtk and icon theme. The mouse theme can be changed by editing the .Xdefaults file (google will tell you how).


My Arch Linux Stuff • Forum Etiquette • Community Ethos - Arch is not for everyone

Offline

#4 2009-02-10 20:04:10

Hrod beraht
Member
Registered: 2008-09-30
Posts: 186

Re: Some Ubuntu Components For Openbox

I'm pretty sure Ubuntu used the Vanilla-DMZ cursors, which are available via pacman (xcursor-vanilla-dmz). Then slap it in your ~/.Xdefaults

Bob

Last edited by Hrod beraht (2009-02-10 20:06:01)

Offline

#5 2009-02-11 12:57:03

Dethredic
Member
Registered: 2009-01-24
Posts: 361
Website

Re: Some Ubuntu Components For Openbox

Hrod beraht wrote:

I'm pretty sure Ubuntu used the Vanilla-DMZ cursors, which are available via pacman (xcursor-vanilla-dmz). Then slap it in your ~/.Xdefaults

Bob

Thanks.

I installed the package, then added this to my ~/.Xdefaults: "Xcursor.theme: xcursor-vanilla-dmz" but I don't notice a difference.

Offline

#6 2009-02-11 13:02:33

Army
Member
Registered: 2007-12-07
Posts: 1,784

Re: Some Ubuntu Components For Openbox

Maybe you need this line

xrdb ~/.Xdefaults

in your .xinitrc if you do your login with startx

Last edited by Army (2009-02-11 13:08:32)

Offline

#7 2009-02-11 17:56:22

Dethredic
Member
Registered: 2009-01-24
Posts: 361
Website

Re: Some Ubuntu Components For Openbox

Army wrote:

Maybe you need this line

xrdb ~/.Xdefaults

in your .xinitrc if you do your login with startx

Thanks

Last edited by Dethredic (2009-02-11 18:00:45)

Offline

#8 2009-02-12 20:00:03

Hrod beraht
Member
Registered: 2008-09-30
Posts: 186

Re: Some Ubuntu Components For Openbox

Dethredic wrote:

I installed the package, then added this to my ~/.Xdefaults: "Xcursor.theme: xcursor-vanilla-dmz" but I don't notice a difference.

The above is the name of the package, but just to keep you on your toes, it isn't the name of the actual installed cursor theme. tongue
The ~/.Xdefaults line should be:

Xcursor.theme: Vanilla-DMZ

Same name as the actual theme, which resides at /usr/share/icons/Vanilla-DMZ

Bob

Last edited by Hrod beraht (2009-02-12 20:02:21)

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB