#1 2009-01-16 04:08:21

archlinuxsagi

Latest synce-0.13 not able to show storage space

Hi.
I just upgrade synce packages to 0.13.

I am not able to get the display for storage space of my PDA
and also synce-kpm have two errors:

1st Error:

ERROR:dbus.proxies:Introspect error on :1.0:/org/synce/kpm/DataServer: dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
Something went wrong with fetching the info from the registry
ERROR:dbus.connection:Exception in handler for D-Bus signal:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/dbus/connection.py", line 214, in maybe_handle_message
    self._handler(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/synceKPM/dataserver/dataserver.py", line 164, in odccm_device_connected_cb
    self.onAuthorized()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/synceKPM/dataserver/dataserver.py", line 238, in onAuthorized
    self.DeviceModel( self.odccm_device.GetModelName() )
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/dbus/proxies.py", line 140, in __call__
    **keywords)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/dbus/connection.py", line 622, in call_blocking
    message, timeout)
DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.UnknownMethod: Method "GetModelName" with signature "" on interface "org.synce.odccm.Device"

2nd Error

ERROR:dbus.proxies:Introspect error on :1.0:/org/synce/kpm/DataServer: dbus.exceptions.DBusException: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.

** (process:2974): WARNING **: synce_info_from_odccm: Failed to get a connection for Xda_Atom_Life: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote appl            not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
ERROR:dbus.connection:Exception in handler for D-Bus signal:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/dbus/connection.py", line 214, in maybe_handle_message
    self._handler(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/synceKPM/dataserver/dataserver.py", line 164, in odccm_device_connected_cb
    self.onAuthorized()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/synceKPM/dataserver/dataserver.py", line 240, in onAuthorized
    self.updateDeviceInformation()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/synceKPM/dataserver/dataserver.py", line 253, in updateDeviceInformation
    self.updateStorageInformation()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/synceKPM/dataserver/dataserver.py", line 272, in updateStorageInformation
    rapi_session = RAPISession(0)
  File "pyrapi2.pyx", line 405, in pyrapi2.RAPISession.__init__

Anybody else face this issue?

I have downgraded to synce-0.12. No such errors occur.

#2 2009-02-10 23:51:09

schimpfj

Re: Latest synce-0.13 not able to show storage space

I am getting same error (for synce-kpm, havent tried anything else yet). Just installed yesterday. Any fix?

#3 2009-02-11 01:15:24

archlinuxsagi

downgrade to 0.12 solve it..

#4 2009-02-11 05:38:28

schimpfj

I had no previous installation, hence I cannot use an historic pkg from pacman cache. I will have to build 0.12 when I get a chance.

#5 2009-02-11 09:11:44

archlinuxsagi

you can look for old version at the following: http://www.schlunix.org/archlinux/community/os/i686/
Below are the required old files:

synce-kde-0.12-5.pkg.tar.gz
synce-odccm-0.12-2.pkg.tar.gz
synce-librapi-0.12-2.pkg.tar.gz   
synce-rra-0.12-2.pkg.tar.gz
synce-libsynce-0.12-2.pkg.tar.gz

#6 2009-02-11 18:42:53

schimpfj

Thx for the tip. I have downloaded i86_64 packages but pacman says it cannot open the files. I will be investigating.

Board footer