You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-12 02:15:58

mpgnetz

Logitech Audiohub KDE 4 no sound with apps.

Hello,

I am new to Archlinux. I have installed a base system and am using KDE4. The audiohub is a USB sound device and it is recgonized when it is plugged into the system. when I am in KDE I can configure the multemedia settings to use the USB device. I move it to the top of the list and apply to all.

at this point KDE plays system sounds through the device and anything native to KDE works. When I go to play mp3 using amarok or audiacious the sound is redirected to the internal speaker on my laptop an Aspire 5315. Does anyone have any idea how I can force everything to play out of the USB audiohub?

BTW I am aware of the fix for the cracking sound cause by the USB2.0 settings enabled in the kernel I have applied that fic to slack without issue. Once I can figure out how to get sound working here I'll cross that bridge. If anyone has an idea I would appreciate a little help.

Thanks in advance.

-M

#2 2009-02-12 03:35:34

mpgnetz

Re: Logitech Audiohub KDE 4 no sound with apps.

This has been resolved was an issue with ESD, I had a brain fart and remembered that FC10 when I was goofing around was using pulseaudio. I followed information here http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/PulseAudio and life is good.

Now to just recompile to get rid of the clicking noise. big_smile

Board footer