You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-12 22:53:59

mcarolan

Mount drive multiple times

Hey,

Very sorry if this has been asked; i've found threads that have partially solved my problem, but not completely.

I was effected by mounting issues following my last sync & upgrade a couple of days ago. I found some fixes that suggested editing PolicyKit.conf, and this works fine initally. The problem is that the first time I insert my SD card into my SD card reader on my laptop it will mount the card fine, but if I then take it out and put it back in later it won't be detected. I do a lot of PDA development so I am always swapping cards in and out so this is a major issue for me.

Does anybody have a fix which will allow me to have similar functionality taht I had before the system upgrade where I could add and remove cards more than once?

Cheers,

Martin.

#2 2009-02-14 14:16:58

mcarolan

Re: Mount drive multiple times

Has anybody got any suggestions sorry? This is a major show stopped for me i'm afraid sad

#3 2009-02-14 14:56:35

R00KIE
Forum Fellow

Re: Mount drive multiple times

I've seen some fix about lazy unmount solutions .... do a quick search here on the forums.
It should work fine as long as you unmount it properly ... maybe someone using the internal card reader can help you more ... I only have a couple of memory sticks to work with and with ricoh card readers no chance of getting them to work so I'm using an USB card reader (cheap one) and so far except for the policykit stuff I've had no problems.

R00KIE
Tm90aGluZyB0byBzZWUgaGVyZSwgbW92ZSBhbG9uZy4K

Board footer