You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-15 17:05:15

nate56

No network interfaces in KDE 4.2

Sorry if it was already asked, but searching gave me no results.

The problem is that networkmanager plasmoid (version 0.7 svn) does not show any network interfaces, although both ethernet and wireless devices are configured and definately work.

I'm using KDE 4.2, installed with pacman.
Ethernet devices:
* Wired - Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88E8039 PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller (rev 15) (driver - sky2)
* Wireless - Atheros Communications Inc. AR242x 802.11abg Wireless PCI Express Adapter (rev 01) (driver - ath5k)

Is there any way to solve this?
Thanks in advance.

#2 2009-02-16 07:46:07

nate56

Re: No network interfaces in KDE 4.2

I can't believe that nobody can't help me with this problem.
I tried altering /etc/dbus-l/system.d/NetworkManager.conf, changing all of its contents to the working one (from my friend's ubuntu 8.10 installation), rebooted - no results.
So the main question in this problem is what it is caused by.

I would be grateful if you at least tell me any other network manager for kde, to tell whether it is networkmanager-plasmoid issue or the system one. (I actually was thinking about knetworkmanager but I couldn't find it in pacman's repositories).
Again, thanks in advance.

#3 2009-02-16 08:24:13

1LordAnubis
Website

Erm... its my understanding that arch doesn't have a knetworkmanager... just the plasmoid if you have the testing repository; but I don't know how that goes.
Your best bet for a wireless manager similar to knetworkmanager is wicd, which I personally like a lot better...

Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.
-Benjamin Franklin
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.
-George Bernard Shaw

#4 2009-02-16 09:07:32

nate56

Thank you for your reply, regardless the fact that wicd is gtk based, it works as it should, so I suppose the issue was in networkmanager-plasmoid.

Board footer