You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-16 13:07:40

blackhole
Website

[SOLVED] KDE 4.2 panel not transparent anymore

Hi guys,

I'm using KDE 4.2 with desktop effects activated (default oxygen theme). When I rebooted a couple of minutes ago, I discovered that the two panels I have were not transparent anymore, but opaque blue. When I rebooted again, one of the two panels came back transparent, the other didn't.

I can't find any panel settings controlling the transparency of the panel. Do you have any tipps for me? I want my transparent panel back.

TIA,
Blackhole

Last edited by blackhole (2009-02-16 16:50:50)

Coming closer and closer to the ultimate goal: replacing boring old Windows XP desktop with shiny new Arch KDE 4 desktop. ^^
Already registered? Your vote counts!

#2 2009-02-16 16:45:14

neorab
Website

Re: [SOLVED] KDE 4.2 panel not transparent anymore

I noticed this same thing last night.  Switching theme's back and forth restored the transparency for me and I haven't lost it since.  I lost transparency on my primary monitor's panel every reboot (multi-screen, twinview, nvidia) before switching the theme off of, and back to, Oxygen.  Every reboot (I reboot every hour or so for various reasons) since has returned with the transparency intact.

#3 2009-02-16 16:49:54

blackhole
Website

Re: [SOLVED] KDE 4.2 panel not transparent anymore

Yeah, I changed the themes a few times and now transparency is back. Really strange. That didn't work before.
Thanks for the tipp.

Last edited by blackhole (2009-02-16 16:50:29)

Coming closer and closer to the ultimate goal: replacing boring old Windows XP desktop with shiny new Arch KDE 4 desktop. ^^
Already registered? Your vote counts!

Board footer