You are not logged in.

#1 2007-12-27 16:50:20

mariahoney

logitech audiohub sound problems

I am getting a continuous popping sound when I try to use these speakers.  They connect via usb, kernel 2.6.23.12-3  automatically loads the snd-usb-audio module when connected.  I've tried playback using amarok-xine and mplayer, both produce the popping sound.  Any feedback would be appreciated.  I don't want to say this, and you don't want to hear it; But they work fine on my roommates computer which is running vista.

#2 2007-12-27 17:24:13

barry

Re: logitech audiohub sound problems

I've had that for a while too, I thought it was something to do with the way I have my sound system set up. I use an ion usb mixer that's hooked up to the aux port on a old hifi. I just wrote it off as a loose connection somewhere.

#3 2008-05-30 22:32:40

mikko_v

This may be a bit late for the OP, but I thought to post here, as this thread seems to surface when googling for Audiohub problems. I had this roughly 10-20 Hz ticking/popping constant noise as well, and it seems to be related to the fact that the speakers are connected through a USB hub, not directly.

After experimenting a bit with the kernel USB configuration, the noise went away when I unselected
USB_EHCI_ROOT_HUB_TT and USB_EHCI_TT_NEWSCHED at "Device drivers - USB support - EHCI HCD". I think it is the latter option that made the difference. This was on kernel 2.6.25.4. Although marked experimental, both seem to be selected on Arch kernel26. On older kernels (2.6.20-2.6.24) you may have to select USB_EHCI_SPLIT_ISO, but there I am just guessing.

The hardware volume knob still does nothing (I don't think there is a hardware mixer, probably it just tries to communicate the volume changing request to the computer). Does anyone have idea how to make this work, it's kind of sad to have one and not be able to use it?

#4 2008-08-14 00:03:04

Ekimino
Website

Well guys, i found a way to make the volume know work, still couldnt make it to work myself cause the program im using its broken, its called "keytouch" and "keytouch-editor" im using gentoo right now so i dont know if its on the extra repo. but that recognized those  3 actions in the knob but i cant save the file and import it in keytouch so im still nowere but maybe you guys can

#5 2009-02-17 01:10:32

mpgnetz

Config I used for Keytouch is below, cut and paste into a file you can then import the KEYBOARD into Keytouch and let it rip. Also in KDE4 I created autorun to launch keytouchd. There maybe a better way but this worked for me.

Enjoy!

-M

keyboard>
  <file-info>
    <syntax-version>1.1</syntax-version>
    <last-change format="%d-%m-%Y">16-02-2009</last-change>
    <author></author>
  </file-info>
  <keyboard-info>
    <keyboard-name>
      <manufacturer>Logitech</manufacturer>
      <model>Audiohub</model>