You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-19 08:00:28

blackhole
Website

[SOLVED] What are these funny characters in Konqueror?

Hi guys,

another question from the ever so curious Linux noob.
Sometimes when hitting CTRL I get these funny character labels in Konqueror. I even did right now. Check this out:
tMTlvaA

What is that and how can I turn it off? Is it a function for handicapped people who can't use a mouse or something?

Cheers,
Blackhole

P.S.: As always: I'm using Konqueror 4.2.00

Last edited by blackhole (2009-02-19 08:44:29)

Coming closer and closer to the ultimate goal: replacing boring old Windows XP desktop with shiny new Arch KDE 4 desktop. ^^
Already registered? Your vote counts!

#2 2009-02-19 08:10:00

Ranguvar

Re: [SOLVED] What are these funny characters in Konqueror?

I think so. Do you have any kdeaccessibility installed (for vanilla KDE),  or any kdemod-kdeaccessibility-* packages installed (for KDEmod)?

#3 2009-02-19 08:23:18

blackhole
Website

Ranguvar wrote:

I think so. Do you have any kdeaccessibility installed (for vanilla KDE),  or any kdemod-kdeaccessibility-* packages installed (for KDEmod)?

*grins* Ranguvar my saviour. Are there any other people active in this forum??!! ^^ Not that I would need them, as long as you are around. ;-)

I haven't installed any of those packages by purpose, maybe the came through a dependency. I'm back in Windows XP now, but I will check later. So I assume, you don't happen to know how to disable that?

//Edit: Oh man, I should turn off this machine now. This whole Linux-migration-get-away-from-Microsoft-operation seems to get to my head. Stupid me. Go to Settings --> Configure Konqueror --> Web Browsing
Then untick "Enable/Disable Access key activation with CTRL key"

I checked all the subcategories under "Web Browsing", but forgot to click on the category node itself. Sorry for stealing your time Ranguvar.

Take care,
Blackhole

Last edited by blackhole (2009-02-19 08:43:47)

Coming closer and closer to the ultimate goal: replacing boring old Windows XP desktop with shiny new Arch KDE 4 desktop. ^^
Already registered? Your vote counts!

#4 2009-02-19 08:55:13

dolby

Vimperator does the same on firefox for handicapped people who dont use KDE tongue

Last edited by dolby (2009-02-19 08:58:40)

There shouldn't be any reason to learn more editor types than emacs or vi -- mg (1)
[You learn that sarcasm does not often work well in international forums.  That is why we avoid it. -- ewaller (arch linux forum moderator)

#5 2009-02-19 20:57:00

Ranguvar

Glad you got it figured out, I'll remember this if anyone has it in the future smile
Thanks for the kind words smile

Board footer