You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-19 18:05:07

cu3edweb

KDE 4.2 panels & Amarok music share ?

I just thought that I would put these two questions together. I just installed KDE 4.2 and I have pretty much been a gnome or openbox user for the last 2 to 3 years. I know that there are still some glitches with KDE 4.2 but I am very impressed with the speed and integration. I think dolphin is great. I just really like it so far. I do have one thing that is annoying me. I set 2 panels.

I have the bottom one that was there by default. When it first logged in it spaned the whole width of the page and had a menu, device manager, pager, task manager, systray, and a clock. I changed the bottom one so it just has a menu, program icons (my common programs), pager, systray, clock, and a trash can. I set the top one just to be a task manager.

Now the problem I am having is when I logout and log back in or reboot or whatever the top panel with the task manager is there and fine, but the bottom has all the stuff that I set but it also has the device manager, and the task manager on the bottom panel also after I deleted them? Am I missing something or doing something wrong? Does anyone else have this problem?

Any idea how to fix that?

Now I have a small question on amarok. I installed the amarok2 from kdemod-extragear but I can't figure out how to set up music share. I have a freenas server in the house running a firefly media server. Now sure how to connect to it.

Thanks

#2 2009-02-19 21:44:00

Ranguvar

Re: KDE 4.2 panels & Amarok music share ?

To the Amarok question, does this help?

http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Music_Sharing

#3 2009-02-19 21:45:47

cu3edweb

Re: KDE 4.2 panels & Amarok music share ?

Ranguvar wrote:

To the Amarok question, does this help?

http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/Music_Sharing

I did find that, but when I select configure amarok I did not see anything about media devices or add device.

Board footer