You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-20 01:29:25

brando56894

Problem With lm_sensors

I have five fans on my computer (cpu,vga,psu,case intake and exhaust) and theyre all connected except the cpu fan isnt connected to the cpu fan header since it burnt out about a month after I got the pc. I have lm_sensors running correctly but it only displays 3 fans, fan 1 has a value of 0 and im assuming thats reserved for the cpu fan header, the other two have readings.

What I'm really trying to do is use pwmconfig to control my fan speeds since the rheostat on my cpu fan died and it runs at full speed constantly and I dont have the money to buy a fan speed controller. The other odd problem I noticed when setting up pwmconfig is that one device will control three fans even if theyre connected to different headers. For example, it went through the config and did something and asked me if my fan spun down, the cpu fan and the exhaust fan both spun down (even though on is connected to the header in the upper lefthand of the MoBo while the other is connected to the lower right hand of the MoBo) and it said that hwmon2/device/fan2_input is controlled by hwmon2/device/pwm2. I managed to reconfigure the connections so that when I changed the fan speeds in windows (via speedfan, which is written by the same guy that wrote pwmconfig) the case exhaust, cpu fan and vga fan all changed simultaneously.

If I lost anyone what I'm trying to do is make lm_sensors display all of my fans instead of 3, and have pwmconfig control each fan individually.

Board footer