You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-20 01:21:52

brisbin33
Website

Used tip in fonts wiki; wrote to wrong file, need to see the original

one night while bored i decided to use the lcd packages mentioned in our fonts wiki.

wiki wrote:

The "fontconfig-lcd" package enables by default the "lcddefault" filter. You can edit the /etc/fonts/conf.avail/10-lcd-filter.conf file and replace it with another filter.

i accidently misread this as /etc/fonts/conf.d/10-lcd-filter.conf.  everything went smoothly (no loss in functionality or anything) but i randomly starting seeing an error while doing some tasks (like for instance, installing the cmatrix package)

paraphrased error (can't remember exactly):

error wrote:

Error in /etc/fonts/conf.d/10-lcd-filter.conf.  Invalid constant "lcddefault".

this was when i realized i edited the wrong file.  but i don't know what to put it back to.  i've tried "none", "default", and "lcdlegacy".  "lcdlegacy" silenced the error while installing cmatrix (found that out while trying to get the error syntax for this post).  but i _did_ pop up during some other task i can't remember now... i swear.  all choices will randomly pop up that same error during some random task.

if someone's got the lcd-filters installed as per our wiki, can i see your conf.d/10-lcd-fonts.conf so i can put mine back?

many thanks

also, interstingly:

> pacman -Qo /etc/fonts/conf.d/10-lcd-filter.conf 
error: No package owns /etc/fonts/conf.d/10-lcd-filter.conf
> pacman -Qo /etc/fonts/conf.avail/10-lcd-filter.conf 
/etc/fonts/conf.avail/10-lcd-filter.conf is owned by fontconfig-lcd 2.6.0-1

should i just remove it?  i feel like the error message would read differently if the file shouldn't be there all together... but i'll be happily corrected on that.

edit: typos... as usual

Last edited by brisbin33 (2009-02-20 01:23:21)

#2 2009-02-20 01:37:32

Zariel

Re: Used tip in fonts wiki; wrote to wrong file, need to see the original

You should just be able to remove it, pacman -Rdn fontconfig-lcd

#3 2009-02-20 01:42:30

brisbin33
Website

Re: Used tip in fonts wiki; wrote to wrong file, need to see the original

no, i want the fontconfig-lcd package... plus it doesn't own the conf.d file anyway, as per the pacman output.  i just edited the wrong file and wanted to know what it looked like before i did that (i.e. on a default system).  my post may be a bit confusing, i apologize. 

i've removed (and saved) the file, we'll see how that goes...

Board footer