You are not logged in.
I like to keep my desktop clean, and perhaps someone else too. So here is how to remove home folder, computer and trash from desktop:
1. Open terminal
2. On terminal type: gconf-editor
3. Configuration Editor opens. From there navigate to: apps --> nautilus --> desktop
4. Untick all the icons you dont want to see
5. You are done, the icons should dissappear immeadiately
I just learned this and thought to share. Have a good one
Kateeus
Offline
Perhaps this should be added to a section of the GNOME wiki article or another appropriate wiki page.
M*cr*s*ft: Who needs quality when you have marketing?
Offline
I think thats not a bad idea. I'd be honored to have it there ![]()
Offline
I think thats not a bad idea. I'd be honored to have it there
Well, you are free to register at the Arch Wiki and edit the main GNOME article yourself. I think it's a useful tip: as a new GNOME user I would have been happy to have had it at hand immediately ![]()
Offline
There it is. Under the misc tips ![]()
Enjoy
Kateeus
Offline
Wow kateeus,
Less than 10 posts and already contributing in a meaningful way. Very nice.
Offline
Well I like this distro great and imho the best way to learn is by being able to teach. Also contributing makes it even better ![]()
Offline
He should be banned before he starts submitting patches!
Lol, I read the first post, then the last, and then I was like "What did he do wrong?"
Archi686 User | Old Screenshots | Old .Configs
Vi veri universum vivus vici.
Offline