You are not logged in.

#26 2009-02-23 00:01:15

Ronin-Sage
Website

Re: Intel 915 Integrated Graphics - Recommended configuration?

Would it be possible to compile a list of the latest-possible, pre-Xorg7.4 packages(xf86-video-intel-2.3.x?) and others and run on that until the situation is resolved upstream? I realize it's not the best way to go, but I honestly can't use Linux like I used to be able to at the moment.

Downgrading brings up the issue of "package x needing >=version of package y, which has to have a >=version of package z". Obviously, I would have to downgrade xorg-server, mesa, intel-dri, and some others, but I'm desperate :\

#27 2009-02-23 02:40:49

mutlu_inek

Ronin-Sage wrote:

Would it be possible to compile a list of the latest-possible, pre-Xorg7.4 packages(xf86-video-intel-2.3.x?) and others and run on that until the situation is resolved upstream? I realize it's not the best way to go, but I honestly can't use Linux like I used to be able to at the moment.

Downgrading brings up the issue of "package x needing >=version of package y, which has to have a >=version of package z". Obviously, I would have to downgrade xorg-server, mesa, intel-dri, and some others, but I'm desperate :\

I created a repository for the i810 driver, the X 1.4 stack and mesa 7.0. This should do the trick:

http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=504088

#28 2009-02-23 18:59:54

wsduvall
Website

I'm really confused why they changed it in the first place... I though the point of upgrading was to make it better... But I guess, they didn't want to hold up all of X for the intel driver...

My 5 node 9 CPU cluster: www.amenrecluster.com
Machines:Fujitsu T4210 and IBM eServer xSeries 335

Board footer