You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-22 01:17:52

Olnex

"Selected disk does not exist" after install using Unetbootin

Hello, I downloaed core iso file and use unetbootin to created a bootable usb disk, then I booted from the usb disk, installed the system as usual, then I rebooted the machine, the grub menu is shown, but when I selected archlinux, it shows:
   Booting 'Arch Linux'

root (hd1,0)
Error 21: Selected disk does not exist

Press any key to continue...

if I press any key, it goes to grub menu again.

I noticed that when I installed the system, the usb disk is /dev/sda1, the harddisk is /dev/sdb1, /dev/sdb2 ... (several partitions), so I guess there is a problem here, and when I reboot, harddisk becomes /dev/sda1 sda2... so the system cannot find /dev/sdb1 2...

I read a post about unetbootin, it did not mention anything about the problem, so I think there is no problem install using unetbootin...

#2 2009-02-23 16:39:47

holstein

Re: "Selected disk does not exist" after install using Unetbootin

Try to change (hd1,0) pour (hd0,0). GRUB considers the disk from where he was loaded as hd0.

If you want more infos check with http://sourceforge.net/projects/bootinfoscript/
and post it's output.

#3 2009-02-23 21:30:30

dolby

Re: "Selected disk does not exist" after install using Unetbootin

Why did you use unetbootin when Arch already provides USB images?

There shouldn't be any reason to learn more editor types than emacs or vi -- mg (1)
[You learn that sarcasm does not often work well in international forums.  That is why we avoid it. -- ewaller (arch linux forum moderator)

Board footer