You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-02 03:19:34

The Avatar of Time

Can't focus borderless terminal - Fluxbox

Hello,

I've recently ran into the issue that I can't get a borderless terminal to accept focus. I'm running Fluxbox with Arch64 and using urxvt for a terminal.

If used normally, not borderless, then the terminal works fine. If it's borderless then clicking on it does nothing, nor does alt-tab.

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? Thanks for the help.

#2 2009-02-02 04:24:37

pointone
Wiki Admin

Re: Can't focus borderless terminal - Fluxbox

I ran into this same problem under both Openbox and xmonad--there seems to be a bug with setting URxvt.borderLess in .Xdefaults. If enabled, the resulting window is created in to top-left corner, ignoring all other rules (geometry, etc.) and is otherwise inaccessible. The workaround for Openbox is to remove the option from .Xdefaults and simply set <decor>no</decor> in your rc.conf for the URxvt application--not sure if there exists an equivalent for Fluxbox.

A number of people have been reporting this problem recently... Should probably look into creating a bug report. Not sure if this is Arch-specific or an upstream issue, though.

Last edited by pointone (2009-02-02 04:25:19)

M*cr*s*ft: Who needs quality when you have marketing?

#3 2009-02-25 21:26:12

The Avatar of Time

Re: Can't focus borderless terminal - Fluxbox

Thanks for the info on this. I haven't had time to mess with it any further, but that seems to be the same issue that I am having. I'll update this if I get it fixed.

Board footer