You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-27 13:21:25

sebleblanc

mouse stops working. Xorg problem?

Sometimes, for no particular reason, the buttons on my mouse stop working. I can still move the cursor around the screen but no app will be aware of it. Not even xev can detect mouse movements. It's very strange. Nothing is showing up on dmesg or Xorg.log. What's even worse is that it happens at random moments.

It is definitely not a hardware issue since I can still use the mouse in my VCs, with GPM. The only way I can fix it is by restarting the X server (good ol' ctrl-alt-backspace), which is a bit inconvenient.

I'll post my xorg.conf if asked. I'm running kdemod3-legacy, with xinerama enabled.

#2 2009-02-27 15:14:24

test1000

Re: mouse stops working. Xorg problem?

try upping the pkgver of xf86-input-evdev one version and rebuild &install. it fixed a "keyboard whoosh! gone!" problem i had(lots of people seems to think that was the new nvidia driver acting up?)

KISS = "It can scarcely be denied that the supreme goal of all theory is to make the irreducible basic elements as simple and as few as possible without having to surrender the adequate representation of a single datum of experience." - Albert Einstein

Board footer