You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-27 20:20:25

weasel8

CD burning broken, no useful errors [SOLVED]

Hey guys. This is pretty frustrating.

I'm trying to burn a simple audio CD. I've tried Recorder, Graveman, Brasero, and K3B. I've tried three different discs (2 different brands).
Up until this CD, I've successfully made many audio CD's using Graveman, although neither Recorder nor PyBurn worked in the past.

- Recorder doesn't show a single error. It just sits and shows a blank window until I close it. When run from the terminal, I receive a file-not-found error.
- K3B, which apparently has to be run from /opt/kde/bin/k3b on my Openbox setup, says it can't find the growisofs executable, even though it exists in /usr/bin/.
- Graveman says Operation Failed and nothing else, even when run from the terminal.
- Brasero is the only one to give a marginally useful error, "No space left on resource," which is not true, since all of the discs I've used are blank.

dvd+rw-tools is up-to-date, and I just ran a full system upgrade. My user is a part of the optical group. As I said, I've been able to make many CD's in the past. Just now, I booted into Vista, and was able to burn a CD there, so my drive isn't broken. To my knowledge, nothing very significant has happened to my system in the recent past that would affect this. Does anyone have an ideas?

EDIT: Here's something interesting. Writing data works fine with Graveman. I burned an essay on to disc, mounted it with mount /dev/cdrom0 /mnt/disc, and accessed the file with no problems. It's just audio that's broken...

EDIT2: It appears that xfburn works! Only xfburn, but it's better than nothing. I think that maybe it has to do with xfburn using gstreamer, but I'm not sure.

SOLVED: I realized that when it said No space left on device, it wasn't talking about the disc - it was talking about my root partition! Maybe as the program transcoded the MP3's in WAV's, it saved them temporarily to /tmp or /var/tmp or something, but there was only a few megabytes available. I've enlarged my root partition and everything is shipshape now.

Last edited by weasel8 (2009-03-13 01:52:49)

#2 2009-02-28 05:18:21

ashunter

Re: CD burning broken, no useful errors [SOLVED]

i have the same problem,graveman failed and there is a "input/output error".

Board footer