You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-27 14:44:56

cu3edweb

skype arch32 chroot

I am using arch64 on my laptop and have installed a arch32 in a chroot to use skype. Skype is working fine but I would like it to follow my same gtk theme that I am using in my 64 install ("Dust"). I installed the same murrine-svn and qgtkstyle-svn in the chroot hoping that would help but it doesn't . When I start skype from the command line with schroot -p skype I get this:

I: [Arch32-4ccb2636-027f-4683-9bce-dd07450ac5d7 chroot] Running command: "skype"
Xlib:  extension "Generic Event Extension" missing on display ":0.0".
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "gnomebreakpad": libgnomebreakpad.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module": libcanberra-gtk-module.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Not sure if that helps any. I don't remember having this problem before. any ideas?

Thanks

#2 2009-02-27 23:50:37

resadent

Re: skype arch32 chroot

Why don´t you try bin32-skype? You can run a 32 bit program in 64 bits, while you have its libraries. I am using it and it runs fine. The PKGBUILD is available in the AUR.

#3 2009-02-28 00:35:54

cu3edweb

skype works fine I was just trying to get it to use my gtk theme. Does the bin32-sky use the gtk theme properly with qgtkstyle?

Thanks

#4 2009-02-28 04:54:50

Ranguvar

It should. But anyways, you never said the specific problem. Does it ignore your setting, or crash, or something else?

For a place to start, Google those library names and see if you can find an Arch package with them.

#5 2009-02-28 13:54:35

cu3edweb

Ranguvar wrote:

It should. But anyways, you never said the specific problem. Does it ignore your setting, or crash, or something else?

For a place to start, Google those library names and see if you can find an Arch package with them.

Skype works fine. From what I have read until qt4.5 I am stuck with it not using my GTK theme. Correct me if I am wrong. Another problem that is kind of annoying is the tray icon is corrupt. It looks like crap. Here is a pic of it, right between the rhythmbox and wicd tray icons. Anyone else having a problem with this? Any ideas how to fix it?

skype-tray.jpg

#6 2009-02-28 14:15:43

Kilz

cu3edweb wrote:
Ranguvar wrote:

Skype works fine. From what I have read until qt4.5 I am stuck with it not using my GTK theme. Correct me if I am wrong. Another problem that is kind of annoying is the tray icon is corrupt. It looks like crap. Here is a pic of it, right between the rhythmbox and wicd tray icons. Anyone else having a problem with this? Any ideas how to fix it?

http://www.cu3edweb.com/screenshots/skype-tray.jpg

Look in the icon theme in ~/.icons/themename/.... for the corupted image.

I trust Microsoft about as far as I can comfortably spit a dead rat.
Cinnamon is a wonderful desktop
"Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen."

#7 2009-02-28 14:30:31

cu3edweb

Kilz wrote:

Look in the icon theme in ~/.icons/themename/.... for the corupted image.

I guess I said that wrong. It is not corrupted but it loads poorly. Sometimes the icon is fine but other times it pics up the background or half of the tray icon right next to it if that makes sense.

Board footer