You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-25 14:47:39

chochem
Website

dradio: No such file or directory

This is kind of embarrading but I tried to use one of the PKGBUILDs I have submitted myself and found that it aborted. Adding insult to injury, I'm unable to figure out why. I have tried going through the steps manually and have found out that the problem appears to be with the Makefile.

Here's the PKGBUILD:

# Contributor: chochem <chochem@gmail.com>
pkgname=dradio
pkgver=2.3
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="An ncurses interface to netradio from DR (Denmarks Radio)"
arch=(i686)
url="http://thrysoee.dk/dradio/"
license=('GPL')
depends=('expat' 'ncurses' 'mplayer' 'tidyhtml' 'curl' 'libxslt')
makedepends=('gcc' 'sed' 'make' 'coreutils')
source=(http://thrysoee.dk/dradio/${pkgname}-${pkgver}.tar.gz)
md5sums=('2fc06b40c81173d9df1787672e04365c')

build() {
  cd $srcdir/$pkgname-$pkgver
  sed -i s,ncursesw/menu.h,menu.h,g config.h.in configure configure.ac src/dradio.h
  ./configure --prefix=${pkgdir}/usr
  make || return 1
  make install
}

and what it results in - just the final bit of the makepkg build process (same as by running make manually):

make  all-recursive
make[1]: Entering directory `/home/mads/linux/build/dradio/src/dradio-2.3'
Making all in src
/bin/sh: line 17: cd: src: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/mads/linux/build/dradio/src/dradio-2.3'
make: *** [all] Error 2
==> ERROR: Build Failed.
    Aborting...

The directory '/home/mads/linux/build/dradio/src/dradio-2.3' does contain a 'src' directory so I don't get it. As it is make that craps out I figured that the 'line 17' refered to was line 17 of the Makefile (correct me if I'm wrong - this is not my sort of thing). Line 16 and 17 of that reads:

srcdir = .
top_srcdir = .

If I change either, I just get other errors....

Any suggestions? I have this unpleasant feeling that I'm missing something basic... Besides I got it working before when I submitted it - this is a fresh Arch install....

#2 2009-02-25 19:29:24

foutrelis
Developer
Website

Re: dradio: No such file or directory

Builds fine here. Make sure you have all packages belonging to the base-devel group installed (pacman -S base-devel). Also, don't list base-devel packages as makedepends; people building packages are required to have them installed beforehand.

Last edited by foutrelis (2009-02-25 19:30:11)

#3 2009-02-26 17:35:34

chochem
Website

Thanks for the suggestion (and for testing) but the pacman command only reinstalled the packages and the result's the same as before.

#4 2009-02-26 18:48:51

Stefan Husmann

Builds fine here, too, (x86_64). But even more strange, for me line 17 is the empty line //before// the two lines you mentioned above. "srcdir = ." is in line 18.

edit: I talk abot the Makefile under $srcdir/$pkgname-$pkgver/src

Suggestion: delete $srcdir and try again.

#5 2009-02-27 10:50:51

chochem
Website

Thanks for replying.

Stefan Husmann wrote:

Builds fine here, too, (x86_64). But even more strange, for me line 17 is the empty line //before// the two lines you mentioned above. "srcdir = ." is in line 18.

edit: I talk abot the Makefile under $srcdir/$pkgname-$pkgver/src

Okay - I guess I was referring to the $srcdir/$pkgname-$pkgver one. I take it the $srcdir/$pkgname-$pkgver/src is the original which is then 'customised' by configure into the $srcdir/$pkgname-$pkgver local copy? Or something?

Actually I managed to build it without errors by running make as root on a whim and subsequently 'sudo makepkg --asroot'. Apparently it is an issue with make not specific to this script. Simply I cannot run make as my normal user (well I can run it as in 'type make and it will run'-permission but not as in 'use it to build anything') and since I apparently hadn't used any other PKGBUILDs on this install, I hadn't come across it before.

It's somebthing noobie, I fear... Have I forgotten to add myself to some group or other? Groups give me:

wheel uucp hal video audio optical storage power users gcal

#6 2009-02-27 14:29:11

Stefan Husmann

The groups are okay, I suspect fakeroot to be the culprit.

#7 2009-02-28 21:07:05

chochem
Website

Okay - I tried reinstalling, checking the file permissions and reading the man page of fakeroot but I'm none the wiser... The man page mentions a number of what seems to be environment variables (LD_PRELOAD and FAKEROOTKEY) though doesn't explain them very well. can you give me a hint?

Board footer