You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-01 01:07:01

godzio89

"Exit" dont work with Slim login manager

I reinstalled Arch linux. I install Xorg, configure xorg, install fluxbox and I install slim login manager. I configure manager, but I forget to add simple user;/. I can't login with root and password. I have error: "Failed to execute login command". I can't back to txt mode. I try to put in manager "exit" but slim dissapear but I have black screen and mouse cursor. I try to ctrl+alt+F1 or F2, but don't work too;/. When i put root and password and fast put the buttons: ctrl+alt+f1 I have got txt mode, but for maybe 2-3 seconds and Slim start up;/. Any ideas?

Sorry for my English:-)

Last edited by godzio89 (2009-03-01 01:20:38)

#2 2009-03-01 04:10:25

CursedMonkey

Re: "Exit" dont work with Slim login manager

Once you get to slim press "ctrl+alt+backspace" multiple times until xserver gives an error. Then you can switch to text mode by pressing "ctrl+alt+F1".

=============================
Alternative method:

When you are booting with grub or lilo edit your kernel parameters to have a 1 at the end. This will boot you into single user mode so you can add a user.

Example (Grub):

kernel /vmlinuz26 root=/dev/sda3 ro

becomes:

kernel /vmlinuz26 root=/dev/sda3 ro 1

If you have grub, when it gets to the menu press "e" to edit the item and press "e" again to change the kernel paraneter. Then press "b" to boot. This change is only temporary and will only affect this boot.

I do know know what the process is for lilo.

Once the kernel has loaded you have to enter your root password and you will be in text mode.

Last edited by CursedMonkey (2009-03-01 04:16:31)

Board footer