You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-01 02:00:55

handy

[SOLVED] Is anyone else having trouble sizing fonts in Xfce 4.6?

There are very limited options in Xfce 4.6 for me to adjust fonts; mostly there are options to adjust icon font size (I don't use icons) & the Title font, which I can adjust.

I have looked through everything in my ~.config/ & see nothing, I think that what I may have had has been deleted in the upgrade? 

The new xfconf system offers me nothing to manually configure?

I really am lost as to how to get my fonts back to their large size which suits my 24" 1920x1200 screen resolution?

When I go to my Arch/Openbox setup which uses the xfce4-panel it suffers from the tiny fonts also, even though Openbox Configuration Manager has all the font settings still listed as I desire them to be.

Firefox even has tiny menu & tab fonts, that remain beyond my adjustment.

I fear that if I downgrade Xfce I will still inherit the current settings.

This upgrade has made my computer very hard for my eyes.

Does anyone know the solution to this problem?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Last edited by handy (2009-03-01 02:38:32)

I used to be surprised that I was still surprised by my own stupidity, finding it strangely refreshing.
Well, now I don't find it refreshing.
I'm over it!

#2 2009-03-01 02:38:06

handy

Re: [SOLVED] Is anyone else having trouble sizing fonts in Xfce 4.6?

Ok, the problem is now solved, as follows:

On my straight Xfce4 DE I had to turn off the Custom dpi (which had been set at 96) in the Settings; Appearance config' & restart X, & at a quick glance, it looks like things are as they should be. 

In the Arch/Openbox/xfce4-panel system I use, there was still the problem: What I found was that the lxappearance GUI config' tool, (which one of a few that I use) had its font sizes set to 10?

So I changed them to the 20 I normally use & everything now looks good here too.

I hope this lot helps someone else, as it took me at least 2 hours to get past it. wink

Last edited by handy (2009-03-01 02:45:15)

I used to be surprised that I was still surprised by my own stupidity, finding it strangely refreshing.
I'm over it!

#3 2009-03-01 05:50:25

Wintervenom

handy wrote:

I have looked through everything in my ~.config/ & see nothing, I think that what I may have had has been deleted in the upgrade? 

Xfce uses the GConf registry now, accessible though xfce4-settings-editor.

Last edited by Wintervenom (2009-03-01 05:51:52)

#4 2009-03-01 08:39:46

handy

Wintervenom wrote:
handy wrote:

Xfce uses the GConf registry now, accessible though xfce4-settings-editor.

The xconf system doesn't look readily understandable to the likes of me.

Which I guess, means that sooner or later I will be forced to learn how to use it...

Hopefully due to my light usage of Xfce I will manage to escape having to learn xfconf.

I'm over it!

Board footer