You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-01 16:44:32

Perre

Hellanzb won't download when started as daemon...

Hi!

I'm back to using hellanzb after trying sabnzbd and nzbget (hoping that the issues with hella not continuing it's queue every once in a while won't be bothering me this time).

Anyways, I've added the hellanzb.rc script (from the AUR package) to /etc/rc.conf and then start hella as a daemon in rc.conf. This seemed to be working just fine, but now it won't download when I start it this way. The log file says:

2009-03-01 17:35:40,164 ERROR DNS lookup failed for hostname: europe.news.astraweb.com
2009-03-01 17:35:40,211 ERROR DNS lookup failed for hostname: europe.news.astraweb.com
2009-03-01 17:35:40,212 ERROR DNS lookup failed for hostname: europe.news.astraweb.com

When I kill the daemon and start hella manually with

# hellanzb.py

it works just great. What is the problem with the DNS lookup when it's started as a daemon from rc.conf??

Edit: It works just fine when started as a daemon from autostart.sh (openbox autostart file) so I guess it's a timing issue of some sort. Maybe it gets started too early when it starts from the rc.conf file?

I'd be happy with starting it from autostart.sh, but when I do I can't seem to shut it down correctly. If I add

hellanzb.py shutdown

to rc.local.shutdown I get:
"Could not find configuration file in the following dirs /etc', /.config"
and I know I got hellanzb.conf in /.config.

Edit2: I copied hellanzb.conf to /etc and now it gets shut down the right way. I'd still like to have it started from rc.conf though... Anyone know what might fix the error? Maybe add a delay to the startup of the daemon in rc.conf? Is this do'able?

Last edited by Perre (2009-03-01 18:03:02)

Board footer