You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-04 18:33:16

chochem
Website

PKGBUILDs: 'Make' aborts if user not root (fakeroot issue?)

I've been having trouble using PKGBUILDs since I reinstalled Arch some weeks back. In another inconclusive thread I started in the erroneous belief that the problem was related to a specific PKGBUILD, I got the problem narrowed down:

Building using 'make' as my ordinary user always throws an error and the building quits. This does not happen when I use run it as root, whether through yaourt or manually. It was suggested that this was a fakeroot issue - the idea supposedly being that fakeroot wasn't working properly and therefore I wasn't being given the needed 'fake' permissions.

I'm not sure what to try next as the building process itself is not really anything I know about, nor do I know how to test, or for that matter fix, fakeroot. Grateful for any suggestions as I'm currently building everything as root and to the devil with security...

EDIT: Apologies, BTW, if starting a new thread is frowned upon - however I figured that pusuing the issue under a heading that was uninformative if not actually misleading would just be well silly.

Last edited by chochem (2009-03-04 18:36:45)

#2 2009-03-04 20:45:09

Allan
Pacman
Website

Re: PKGBUILDs: 'Make' aborts if user not root (fakeroot issue?)

It seems to be a bug in fakeroot...  http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/12653

Not much we can do about it though until pacman-3.3 is released and the the build step can be done outside fakeroot.

#3 2009-03-05 11:40:59

chochem
Website

Re: PKGBUILDs: 'Make' aborts if user not root (fakeroot issue?)

Ok. Thanks for answering and apologies for not looking at the bug tracker.

Board footer