You are not logged in.
After realizing ati prioprietary driver doesn't specify xrandr outputs (as konni stated on http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=66039), I tried xf86-video-ati driver and xrandr work's perfectly. However I would like to have a good 3d performance, using ATI "big screen" from it's proprietary driver.
I think it should work using (I don't know if I have to execute aticonfig --initial=dual-head --screen-layout=above before dtop=horizontal) :
aticonfig --dtop=horizontal --overlay-on=1But it doesn't... it works as if configured it with clonning even thought it's configure to work on horizontal.
--dtop=single does work as stated by aticonfig --help. I don't understand why an option of dtop works as stated and the other one doesn't.
¿Does anybody has idea what's happening or how I can figured it out?
By striving to do the impossible, man has always achieved what is possible. Those who have cautiously done no more than they believed possible have never taken a single step forward - Mikhail Bakunin
Offline
Up.
By striving to do the impossible, man has always achieved what is possible. Those who have cautiously done no more than they believed possible have never taken a single step forward - Mikhail Bakunin
Offline
Have you tried using the catalyst control centre to manage multiple screens? Works well for me. The latest ccc has options to enable xinerama for multiple monitors, so you should be able to sort it out from there.
Offline
Have you tried using the catalyst control centre to manage multiple screens? Works well for me. The latest ccc has options to enable xinerama for multiple monitors, so you should be able to sort it out from there.
Yes I have tried and it doesn't work correctly. The second second screen, sometimes turns all black, other times strange grey lines appear all over the please. Xinerama was the last thing I wanted to try.
I would like to use something like xrandr (one monitor is periodically moved to another desktop, xinerama isn't prepare for that, it doesn't detect if the monitor is connected or not), and thought that "big desktop" (ati names it like that) would work.
Ati propieraty driver sucks. I will continue using xf86-video-ati drivers, it works perfectly.
By striving to do the impossible, man has always achieved what is possible. Those who have cautiously done no more than they believed possible have never taken a single step forward - Mikhail Bakunin
Offline
Hi,
I've been struggling with fgrlx and dual monitors for ages. Let me spare you the pain and tell you it does not work reliably (at least not with my FireGL 5200 card). At some rare occasions it somehow automagically works, while most times it just blanks the second screen or in my case displays garbage on the second screen - although the mouse pointer is the only thing displayed correctly. Overall, its unusable.
Instead I'm trying the new open source radeonhd driver - if your card is supported you can give that a spin and see how it goes.
HTH
-Igs
Offline