You are not logged in.

#1 2009-02-06 00:35:38

securitybreach
Website

Dual Monitor-Nvidia seperate Xorgs', Screenshot howto?

I am currently running Archlinux-64 with xfce4 and dual monitors. I have seperate Xorgs for each monitor and I do not use Xinerra. Does anyone know how to a take a screenshot of dual monitors with seperate Xorgs? I normally use scrot but any program will do.

Thanks

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken
Website      Configs
Forum Admin: Bruno's All Things Linux   
securitybreach<a>archlinux.us

#2 2009-02-06 02:18:56

sand_man

Re: Dual Monitor-Nvidia seperate Xorgs', Screenshot howto?

I think you will only be able to take a shot of one at a time. But I may be wrong.

neutral

#3 2009-02-25 19:31:59

vertimyst
Website

According to scrot's --help output, the -m (or --multidisp) option will take a shot of both.   I can't get that or the countdown (-c, --count) option to work, though, but might just be me.

-Vert wink
---------
Free webhosting@http://shadowserve.ath.cx - Currently and soon to go through many changes, still alive! - June 29, 2009

#4 2009-02-25 20:40:19

bwalk

Why no xinerama and multiple xorg.confs?

#5 2009-02-25 23:06:43

securitybreach
Website

vertimyst wrote:

According to scrot's --help output, the -m (or --multidisp) option will take a shot of both.   I can't get that or the countdown (-c, --count) option to work, though, but might just be me.

Thanks I had found that out right after my post.

"Every normal man must be tempted at times to spit upon his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." -- H.L. Mencken
Website      Configs

#6 2009-02-25 23:07:58

securitybreach
Website

bwalk wrote:

Why no xinerama and multiple xorg.confs?

I like having seperate sessions, so I can have seperate backgrounds, etc. I did not really like the wallpaper stretching since I have different resolutions on the monitors. One is 1680x1050 and the other is only 1024x768. Sorry not 2 Xorgs but it is called "Seperate X screen" It was a little tricky in openbox I had to add:

(sleep 2 && DISPLAY=:0.1 openbox) &

to my Openbox autostart.

Thanks

Last edited by securitybreach (2009-02-25 23:10:51)

Website      Configs

#7 2009-03-06 06:10:24

joephantom
Website

securitybreach wrote:

I like having seperate sessions, so I can have seperate backgrounds, etc. I did not really like the wallpaper stretching since I have different resolutions on the monitors

You can use xrandr (only one X screen) and nitrogen for setting the wallpaper on each monitor. It works perfectly and you will be able to move any window to the monitor you want.

By striving to do the impossible, man has always achieved what is possible. Those who have cautiously done no more than they believed possible have never taken a single step forward - Mikhail Bakunin

Board footer