You are not logged in.

#1 2006-12-04 20:44:53

Borosai

Celtx - Need guidance with first PKGBUILD

Ok, I decided to make my first PKGBUILD, and chose Celtx (http://celtx.com/) since it seems like a very useful tool, and not too complicated.  smile

I already installed it manually and it works fine. However, although they state it's open source, the sources aren't available on their website...only language-specific compiled packages. Can I make a package for the AUR without sources?

Anyway, these are the installation steps I had in mind: extract tar.gz to the /opt directory --> create a symlink for /opt/celtx/celtx in /usr/bin --> copy the license to its appropriate folder (/usr/share/licenses/celtx).

I think that's it. Am I missing something or trying to do something I shouldn't? It seems simple enough and I'm working on the PKGBUILD, but I would still like to know if I should even finish it based on my first question concerning the lack or sources.

#2 2006-12-04 23:37:39

Borosai

Re: Celtx - Need guidance with first PKGBUILD

Oh well, I finished before getting a response. Doesn't matter...I'm just glad I did something, regardless of how inconsequential.  big_smile

If anyone wants to take a look at it below, and point out any mistakes, I would be grateful. By the way, it does work. I built the package and installed it with pacman, and everything is where it should be, and it runs. 8)

pkgname=celtx
pkgver=0.9.8
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="Pre-production software for film, video, theatre, and animation"
url="http://celtx.com/"
license="custom:CePL"
arch=(i686)
source=(http://www.celtx.com/download/Celtx.tar.gz)
md5sums=('f59759e16b3d64e3592aaf37641ee5b8')

build() {
    mkdir -p $startdir/pkg/opt/
     cp -R $startdir/src/$pkgname $startdir/pkg/opt/$pkgname/

mkdir -p $startdir/pkg/usr/bin/
    ln -sf $startdir/pkg/opt/$pkgname/$pkgname $startdir/pkg/usr/bin/$pkgname    

mkdir -p $startdir/pkg/usr/share/licenses/custom/$pkgname
     cp $startdir/license.txt $startdir/pkg/usr/share/licenses/custom/$pkgname/
}

#3 2006-12-05 03:54:39

Borosai

I submitted the package. Here is the link if anyone wants to try it out (and give me some feedback). It's a nice little program.  big_smile

http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?d … hans=&SeB=

#4 2006-12-05 04:37:36

elasticdog
Website

One tip would be to use the <code>install</code> command to shorten things up a bit...it can do the <code>mkdir</code> and <code>cp</code> all in one command and also set the proper file permissions.  For instance, your license copying lines would be shortened to just this:

install -D -m644 $startdir/license.txt $startdir/pkg/usr/share/licenses/$pkgname/license.txt

p.s. After reading the docs on the wiki, I've still never been able to decide if we're supposed to put custom licenses under <code>/usr/share/licenses/custom/foobar/</code> or just <code>/usr/share/licenses/foobar/</code>

#5 2006-12-05 16:38:26

Borosai

Thanks elasticdog. I was advised to change that very line last night as well, so it's all cleaned up. I also corrected the license locations, which should be /usr/share/licenses/foo/ (don't know how I missed that...I read it a few times). And I corrected the symlink as well. Lots of mistakes for such a simple PKGBUILD, but I'll get the hang of it. big_smile

#6 2006-12-07 00:09:28

Borosai

I decided to remove the PKGBUILD from AUR and make my own repository for now...it's more convenient for anyone who wants to use the program and update automatically.

[borosai]
Server = http://arch.borosai.com/pkg/i686

Package List:
1) celtx

big_smile

#7 2007-03-20 14:24:39

judfilm

Hi,

Can you add your package to the AUR again? - your server is not responding. PS there is a newer version available v0.991

#8 2007-03-20 22:39:58

STiAT

Sounds like a sweet tool.
Will test this thingy tomorrow smile

Ability is nothing without opportunity.

#9 2009-03-07 07:06:39

toad
Website

Sorry for bumping this ancient thread but is there a 64-bit version in the offering any time soon?

never trust a toad...
::Grateful ArchDonor::
::Grateful Wikipedia Donor::

#10 2009-03-07 08:55:31

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

toad wrote:

Sorry for bumping this ancient thread but is there a 64-bit version in the offering any time soon?

Check the celtx website.  The PKGBUILD seems to use a pre-compiled binary blob so unless they  have released one for x86_64, you'll need to use the i686 one in a chroot or use the lib32-* packages.

#11 2009-03-07 08:56:41

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

Board footer