You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-07 08:32:37

Phreakazoid

X server crashes on resume from suspend on EeePC 900HA

I'm having quite a lot of trouble getting suspend (both to ram and hibernate) to work with my EeePC 900HA.

My symptoms are that everything suspends fine and as normal, but when I resume, I see my mouse pointer for about 1 second, then the x server crashes. At this point init starts trying to bring gdm back up repeatedly until eventually it complains that the X server couldn't start. After this I can't start X at all until after I reboot the whole system, at which point everything works like normal.

I've tried various combinations of quirk options to pm-suspend with no luck, it just behaves the same no matter what I tell it:
--quirk-dpms-on
--quirk-s3-bios
--quirk-vbe-post
--quirk-vbemode-restore
--quirk-vbestate-restore

From searching these forums and google in general I've only been able to find one reference to anyone having something similar to my problem, in the Ubuntu launchpad: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+sour … bug/270670

Unfortunately that bug report says that it has been fixed in Ubuntu intrepid, but does not provide any details of said fix. It may not be the same as mine however, because it says the console display is screwy afterwards, but for me the console is fine, I just can't start X.

I'm using the xf86-video-intel X11 driver, and I can't find the xf86-video-i810 driver when I try installing it with pacman, so I haven't tested if it's the same with the i810 driver.

Has anyone run into a similar problem and have any suggestions on how I can solve this?

Thanks

Video card output from lspci:
$ lspci | grep -i vga
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation Mobile 945GME Express Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 03)

#2 2009-03-07 08:36:42

blasse

Re: X server crashes on resume from suspend on EeePC 900HA

What version of driver/xserver are you using? 1.6/2.6.3 from testing or older? If yuo are using testing one - bug is reported here: http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/13651
If you are using not testing version try to upgrade to testing wink or use repo with old xserver/driver from this topic: http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=66057

Proud ex-maintainer of firefox-pgo

#3 2009-03-07 08:44:39

Phreakazoid

$ pacman -Q xf86-video-intel
xf86-video-intel 2.4.3-1

$ pacman -Q xorg-server
xorg-server 1.5.3-4

Seems like that bug is slightly different to my problem, as my X actually crashes, and then init keeps trying to bring it back up, and it keeps failing. That bug describes it being frozen but not crashing.

I'll try your suggestions still though smile Will report how it goes after I've tried.

Thanks

#4 2009-03-07 11:05:03

Phreakazoid

Upgrading to the xorg-server and xf86-video-intel from testing and then rebooting seems to have fixed the problem for me.

Thanks!! big_smile

Board footer