You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-10 12:24:13

Ertu

[SOLVED] Troubles with keyboard layout in gnome-terminal.

Hello. I just finished my first Archlinux installation, but I'm having a few troubles with the keyboard layout in gnome-terminal (works fine in xterm, firefox, etc.). The keys almost all work, with a few notable exceptions. Incidentally, pressing 'AltGr' and '€' outputs 'EUR'. I am running fluxbox, by the way, and gnome-terminal is using Deja Vu Sans Mono. I did not install the gnome DE, so there are probably some important packages missing.

Troubleshooting: uncommented all the relevant lines in locale.gen, ran locale-gen as root, updated rc.conf (LOCALE=pt_PT.utf8) and changed the system-wide language to english. Also updated xorg.conf with the correct XkbLayout.

Last edited by Ertu (2009-03-11 10:21:25)

#2 2009-03-10 17:49:46

alienman

Re: [SOLVED] Troubles with keyboard layout in gnome-terminal.

How are you configuring your keyboard layout?? Are you doing this by configuring the X11 (/etc/X11/xorg.conf) or by modifying the new policies files??

ISC - Ignacio Marmolejo
ArchLinux & GNOME User.

#3 2009-03-11 10:20:22

Ertu

Re: [SOLVED] Troubles with keyboard layout in gnome-terminal.

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Configuring_locales instructed me to 'export LANG=en_EN.utf8' to set the system language to english, yet that locale doesn't exist in locale.gen. Of course, I had neglected to look in locale.gen for such an entry to uncomment it, or I would have noticed the error sooner. All is working now.

Board footer