You are not logged in.

#1 2004-10-11 16:38:15

gwilstrum

[Requests] - many, relating to octave, html etc

Hello there,

I've a few packages I'd like to request. Very happy to see octave on the list, and would enjoy using it even more if it had:

koctave as a pacman package
the octave-forge libraries available (for symbolic maths etc)

Similarly, nice to see Lyx on the list (particularly the qt-version). I'd like pacman for something for edting bibtex references (such as gbib)

In addition to this, whilst quanta looks very nice, I'd like something that allows wysiwyg editing. I've read that the most recent versions of it do, so that'd be lovely.

Thanks,

gwilstrum

#2 2004-10-12 00:36:01

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

Re: [Requests] - many, relating to octave, html etc

gwilstrum wrote:

koctave as a pacman package
the octave-forge libraries available (for symbolic maths etc)

PKGBUILD:

pkgname=koctave3
pkgver=0.65
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="A KDE GUI for octave"
url="http://bubben.homelinux.net/~matti/koctave/"
license="GPL"
depends=('kdelibs' 'x-server' 'gnuplot' 'octave')
makedepends=('qt' 'kdelibs')
source=(http://bubben.homelinux.net/~matti/koctave/$pkgname-$pkgver.tar.bz2)
md5sums=('f094f30ed2ec150bb6ae95676b2647e0')

build() {
  cd $startdir/src/$pkgname-$pkgver
  ./configure --prefix=/usr
  make || return 1
  make prefix=$startdir/pkg/usr install
}
gwilstrum wrote:

Similarly, nice to see Lyx on the list (particularly the qt-version). I'd like pacman for something for edting bibtex references (such as gbib)

The sources from the gbib home page can't be uncompressed with gzip.

gwilstrum wrote:

In addition to this, whilst quanta looks very nice, I'd like something that allows wysiwyg editing. I've read that the most recent versions of it do, so that'd be lovely.

quanta is in the kdewebdev package.  Flag the package out of date or, better, tell  the maintainer that there is a newer version of quanta.

#3 2004-10-12 09:48:11

zeppelin
Website

if you have problems building this package, make sure you are pacman -Syu

#4 2004-10-13 01:56:21

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

I have retested the above PKGBUILD and it builds without any problem. I am using

qt 3.3.3-3
kdelibs 3.3.0-3
gcc 3.4.2-1

Maybe you'll need to update qt and/or kdelibs

#5 2004-10-13 04:50:25

dp
Website

/opt/kde/lib/libkdefx.so: undefined reference to `std::ios_base::Init::~Init()@GLIBCXX_3.4'
/opt/kde/lib/libkio.so: undefined reference to `__cxa_bad_typeid@CXXABI_1.3'
/opt/kde/lib/libkparts.so: undefined reference to `operator delete(void*)@GLIBCXX_3.4'
/opt/kde/lib/libkparts.so: undefined reference to `__dynamic_cast@CXXABI_1.3'
/opt/kde/lib/libkparts.so: undefined reference to `vtable for __cxxabiv1::__vmi_class_type_info@CXXABI_1.3'
/opt/kde/lib/libkparts.so: undefined reference to `operator delete[](void*)@GLIBCXX_3.4'
/opt/kde/lib/libkio.so: undefined reference to `operator new[](unsigned int)@GLIBCXX_3.4'
/opt/kde/lib/libkparts.so: undefined reference to `operator new(unsigned int)@GLIBCXX_3.4'
/opt/kde/lib/libkparts.so: undefined reference to `__cxa_pure_virtual@CXXABI_1.3'
/opt/kde/lib/libkparts.so: undefined reference to `vtable for __cxxabiv1::__si_class_type_info@CXXABI_1.3'
/opt/kde/lib/libkparts.so: undefined reference to `vtable for __cxxabiv1::__class_type_info@CXXABI_1.3'
/opt/kde/lib/libkdefx.so: undefined reference to `std::ios_base::Init::Init()@GLIBCXX_3.4'

===>  /opt/kde/lib/libkparts.so needs to be rebuilt against newest gcc/glibc ... and this is already done with the newest kde (3.3.0 and 3.3.1)

The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed.

#6 2004-11-02 09:18:11

gwilstrum

Thanks for the build snowman - it worked for me (after a brief delay in which I tried debian, but have now come back to arch), and the kdewebdev package came up to date as well, so I'm all set (for the moment ;-) ).

Board footer