You are not logged in.
Hi all
This is my very first post on this forum ![]()
Anyway, I'm busy setting up a little server box at home hosting various servers (LAMP etc) in VirtlualBox VMs to play around with.
I'm using Fluxbox on my host. By Googling, I could easily find help on making the fonts of GTK apps in my WM more readable by creating a .gtkrc-2.0 and setting the font name+size in there. But I couldn't find anything similar for apps that depends on QT libs (Virtual Box GUI in this case) and the font for it is very small and ugly. Is there such a file to configure QT fonts?
Thanks
Derek
Last edited by c0rv1d (2009-03-15 21:48:29)
Offline
try running 'qtconfig', cant recall exactly where the config file is to do it by hand.
Or 'systemsettings' if you have kdebase-workspace installed.
Offline
Hi Chrysalis, thanks for you reply.
I don't have any config front-ends installed. Will need to do it by hand ![]()
Derek
Offline
qtconfig is part of qt
Offline
Mmm.
So what can provide the widget layer for Virtual Box on my machine then? I thought it is built on top of QT.
I don't seem to have QT installed.
$ qt<tab> produces nothing in my terminal. (I think - can't remember now.) But I will check again when I get back home tonight.
I installed closed source Virtual Box 2.1.4 from the binary package from virtualbox.org. Only had some virtualisation lib as a dependency) and I never installed QT or other apps that would pull down dependent libs via pacman.
Thanks, will let you know if this worked.
Offline
Static qt build i guess so it wouldnt respect your qt settings even if you had them.
I use virtualbox_bin with qt from aur which is the full featured peronal edition.
Edit: btw, never install stuff in arch without making a pkg for it. Theres pkgbuilds in aur for everything you can think of.
Last edited by Chrysalis (2009-03-12 09:46:13)
Offline
Ah. Aur packages are new to me. Googled and I'm very pleased ![]()
I'm starting to like Arch more and more!
Offline
Well, the answer was, like you said, to install qt:
# pacman -S qt
Offline