You are not logged in.

#1 2004-11-01 13:02:17

arch-fan

I need a custom Arch Desktop iso

I watch this site everyday and I still can't use arch although I want to try it badly.The reason is that I don't see any more a full Arch iso just the base iso .

I wish that someone could make a custom Arch Linux (an Arch desktop version) which it would contain Arch base iso +X.org + KDE 3.3.1 + Openoffice+ Firefox +Mplayer.

I know that every one of you would say "why doesn't this borring person use pacman -syu" ?

I am on dial up (1$ per hour )and I simply could download  an iso if I ask a friend of mine (who has broadband at work and doesn't like linux).

I have used Amlug live cd which is a great cd . I have enjoyed a lot , but I quited as I needed to download 30 mg to update a package. I am still waiting for a new release of Amlug although as a cd it misses some features like those found at Mepis Live cd that could make it a really excellent cd.

I hope this post makes sense not only to me.

I know I have many choices for Linux but I want to make arch my primary Linux.

In my opinion Arch can become an excellent Desktop distro for newbies in Linux but as I see ti there is not any develepor here that shares that vision.It simply misses  a simple control center and a good selection of packages included in the distro

#2 2004-11-01 13:05:29

z4ziggy
Website

Re: I need a custom Arch Desktop iso

#3 2004-11-01 15:26:25

phrakture
Arch Overlord
Website

z4ziggy wrote:

nice!

#4 2004-11-02 18:32:52

xerxes2
Website

your friend could burn those packages you want on cd,
dependancies are pretty easy to solve if you use pacman and stays away from kde/gnome

arch + gentoo + initng + python = enlisy

Board footer