You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-11 05:16:30

gagan_mishra

How to Install Arch on DG33TL

Hi all,

I am having the DG33TL mobo with intel E7400 processor and 2GB of RAM, and I am trying to install Arch on it. But whenever I boot the system with the CD in my drive, it hangs at some point.
I am completely clueless about whats going wrong. I tried it out with both 32 and 64 bit releases, but the problem is same.

In my BIOS I have the option set to : Configure SATA as IDE

Can somebody please help me? I am totally clueless about whats going wrong.

Thanks
Gagan

#2 2009-03-11 21:40:56

Lone_Wolf

Re: How to Install Arch on DG33TL

gagan_mishra wrote:

Hi all,
In my BIOS I have the option set to : Configure SATA as IDE

That could very well be the source of the problem, try changing it.

Although your mobo manual might suggest otherwise, that setting is intended for OSes that don't have proper sata support, like windows 9x/ME/NT (and possibly win 2000) .
Archlinux / *nixes sata support is atleast on par with that of recent windows versions.

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#3 2009-03-13 03:54:50

gagan_mishra

Re: How to Install Arch on DG33TL

Hi,

I had tried with all available options in the boot configuration, that didn't solve the problem.

It was getting stuck at a point after the line " ata1: LH complete " (something similar to it).
The behavior was same for Ubuntu 8.10 too.

Then I found somewhere on the net that I could also try booting with the kernel parameter "pci=nommconf".
I did the same and its now installed!

Now I want to know what exactly is it doing when I set pci=nommconfig ? Does it have any side effects  ??

Thanks,
Gagan

Board footer