You are not logged in.

#1026 2009-03-13 16:55:10

markc
Website

Re: Daily KDE4 Subversion Packages

@Solid1986Snake: so, if I understand correctly, you only had to rebuild kdesupport after installing virtuoso from AUR and iodbc from [community] and it seems to work okay?

Okay, I've built virtuoso-opensource and it has a conflict with /usr/bin/isql which is owned by unixodbc. I can't remove unixodbc because both qt-copy AND apr-util (which I do need) both depend on unixodbc. Virtuoso built, for me, without iodbc so as far as I can see iodbc may not be needed and it's just the installation conflict with /usr/bin/isql that is the problem... but I haven't built kdesupport yet... ah, x86_64 just built and uploading as I write this. I'll stick with it till i686 is done as well. Ironically I can't test it because the core plasma kde-svn package will not run for me... heh, I haven't been able to use the kwin/plasma kde-svn desktop for the last 6 months! I only use kmail, konsole and akregator with the little qwm desktop. How weird is that, I put all this effort into building these packages and I can't even use them :-)

#1027 2009-03-13 17:13:16

Solid1986Snake

@markc: virtuoso backend needs iodbc .... you can -Rd unixbdc without any problem and install iodbc... later on you can rebuilt apr-utils and qt-copy against it, i think...

Really, really weird.... loughing out loud...

Last edited by Solid1986Snake (2009-03-13 17:14:10)

#1028 2009-03-14 02:39:55

markc
Website

@Solid1986Snake: I must be missing something, is there a separate "virtuoso backend" compilation option when building virtuoso? Like I say, mine seemed to build okay without iodbc being installed.  Would you mind describing how to test virtuoso is working (I can't test if it works)?

#1029 2009-03-14 09:52:44

Solid1986Snake

@ markc: Without iodbc virtuoso backend will not be built, i am sure.

You can test it by entering sopranocmd .... there should be something like this (Soprano::PluginManager) found plugin file "/usr/share/soprano/plugins/virtuosobackend.desktop"

If you wan't to see that it depends you can try a manually cmake.... without iodbc it just claims that virtuosobackend will not be build.... with it installed it will be build... i talked to the sporano developers at irc that told me of this dependency, so it should really be necessary...

And like i mentioned before... i had no problems at all by using iodbc instead of unixodbc!

Last edited by Solid1986Snake (2009-03-14 09:53:33)

#1030 2009-03-14 10:53:02

markc
Website

@Solid1986Snake: thanks for the hints. I don't have anything to do with virtuoso in /usr/share/soprano/plugins/ and sopranocmd --backend virtuoso ends with a "Failed to load backend virtuoso" but I'm not actually running the kde-svn desktop. I just have the kde-svn packages installed but backends like akonadi and strigi and all the others are not actually running on my desktop machine. Ah, I see in the kdesupport compile log file...

-- Soprano Components that will NOT be built:
   * Sesame2 storage backend (java-based)
   * Virtuoso storage backend

Okay then, I'll force remove unixodbc, install iodbc and see what happens with the next build after this current one. Hopefully apr-util will build with iodbc... yes, it does, and I added sqlite3 support to it as a bonus (if anyone wants this then let me know and I'll put it in eth-os/dev).

#1031 2009-03-14 17:56:36

Solid1986Snake

@markc: i think you shouldn't e the one who has to say thank you.... the people that use kde-svn should say thanx!

I will try the new packages tomorrow!

#1032 2009-03-15 07:16:19

markc
Website

@Solid1986Snake: heh, I'm only doing this to keep my mpkg script and build system uptodate and operational so any feedback is totally appreciated. I do feel guilty about dropping the ball a month ago and not providing any packages around the time 4.2 was released. Up till then there was about 20Gb per day being downloaded (@ ~3 users per GB) and now it's dropped back to 5Gb per day so I probably pee'd off quite a few people.

I now have a /usr/share/soprano/plugins/virtuosobackend.desktop and a /usr/lib/soprano/libsoprano_virtuosobackend.so but a "sopranocmd --backend virtuosobackend" still gives a "virtual bool Soprano::Virtuoso::BackendPlugin::isAvailable() const could not find Virtuoso ODBC driver" even though a ldd shows it can find /usr/lib/libiodbc.so.2. Do you think the iodbc packages needs to be set up perhaps?

Oh, I forgot to make iodbc a dependency of the virtuoso-opensource package so a sudo pacman -Rd unixodbc && sudo pacman -S iodbc may be needed to try this out.

#1033 2009-03-15 10:54:13

superstoned

markc: I wonder why the KOffice packages are still at beta5? does the build fail, have you missed the packages (:D) or aren't they supposed to update?

-=] life sucks deeply [=-

#1034 2009-03-15 13:54:18

markc
Website

@superstoned: thanks for the heads up, it had a pkgver of 2.0.0-beta7 and hyphens are not allowed in the pkgver variable so it hasn't been built since mid-January! So yes and yes, the build was failing and I missed catching the error.

I guess if kde4 worked for me I'd use it and would definitely have tried to use krita in the last couple of months and noticed that koffice was not updated. I'm blindly building kde-svn so, yes folks, I (and Stephan) would appreciate any feedback. The last version was accidentily called koffice-4.3.0 so the next update will contain a koffice-2.0.0 which will probably require a little coaxing to install... like, remove the previous version first then install the one from the next update.

#1035 2009-03-15 14:08:27

superstoned

markc wrote:

@superstoned: thanks for the heads up, it had a pkgver of 2.0.0-beta7 and hyphens are not allowed in the pkgver variable so it hasn't been built since mid-January! So yes and yes, the build was failing and I missed catching the error.

I guess if kde4 worked for me I'd use it and would definitely have tried to use krita in the last couple of months and noticed that koffice was not updated. I'm blindly building kde-svn so, yes folks, I (and Stephan) would appreciate any feedback. The last version was accidentily called koffice-4.3.0 so the next update will contain a koffice-2.0.0 which will probably require a little coaxing to install... like, remove the previous version first then install the one from the next update.

Beautiful, I'd love to play with it a bit more. Besides, I'm supposed to be writing about it, and the currently installed beta 5 crashes like hell... So thanks a lot!

What in 4.3SVN works so bad you can't use it? Not that I would dare to claim it is stable nor very usable, but I've survived running KDE SVN ino one form or another since 2003 ;-)

And I can tell you, life during the 3.0 days wasn't very different from now.  As long as I have icewm as backup, and firefox, I can live with the instability. BTW Arora is nice, too ;-)

#1036 2009-03-15 15:50:42

Last of the Wolves

Actually I corrected the problem with the hyphen in kde-stephan and there is an actual koffice-package for at least a week.

sudo pacman -Ss koffice
kde-stephan/koffice 2.0.0-beta7_2009031513 (kde-svn-all)
    KDE 4 Office Programs

Of course I'm interested in feedback about my packages too as I can only test them on my mashine and get a little feedback from a friend of mine but if there is anything wrong and you notice that: Tell us.

Greetings
Stephan

#1037 2009-03-15 16:48:15

Solid1986Snake

markc: virtuoso is working finde for me with you setup.... You did a nice job. Thank you!

#1038 2009-03-15 17:08:25

wrc1944

Just installed today's 20090315's (kde-svn-all) including koffice-2.0-beta7 (from markc's repo) . I'm using amd64. 

All seems to work fine, and all koffice apps open and seem to function normally.  Haven't had time to really play with them, so I can't really comment other than saying the installation seems to have gone flawlessly. smile

In the Help->About menu Dolphin reports

Version 1.2.80  Using KDE 4.2.66 (KDE 4.2.66 (KDE 4.3 >= 20090310)

#1039 2009-03-15 17:39:35

superstoned

meh those cool 64bit ppl already have had new KOffice packages for a week? Don't tell me to switch, damnit, I don't want to reinstall this box sad

#1040 2009-03-16 12:11:37

Rasi
Website

superstoned wrote:

meh those cool 64bit ppl already have had new KOffice packages for a week? Don't tell me to switch, damnit, I don't want to reinstall this box sad

koffice2 is in AUR and doesnt need that long to compile...

He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.

Douglas Adams

#1041 2009-03-18 12:52:29

Solid1986Snake

extragear-multimedia is still broken.... i think there are some problems with the paths... i am working on it at the moment....

Maybe someones of you can see the problem?

#1042 2009-03-18 17:11:18

superstoned

Thanks for the updated KOffice packages!!!
/me does a little dance

#1043 2009-03-19 23:28:18

atomopawn

Thanks (from me too) for the new koffice packages.  They seem to work pretty well, but they are very sluggish even on my (pretty souped-up) hardware.  I suspect that the Koffice team will need to focus on performance over the next couple weeks as they prepare for a release candidate.

#1044 2009-03-20 20:10:57

superstoned

Hi there... Another package seems stalled: kde-svn/extragear-multimedia 4.3.0-2009011702
That one hasn't been updated for quite a while.

#1045 2009-03-21 08:08:05

markc
Website

Unfortunately extragear-multimedia dies at around 4%. I just removed it in my local repo and did a fresh update but it still has the same moc related error...

Generating /home/sources/eth-os/kde/svn/extragear-multimedia/src/build/amarok/src/moc_SvgHandler.cpp from /home/sources/eth-os/kde/svn/extragear-multimedia/src/extragear-multimedia/amarok/src/SvgHandler.h
/usr/bin/moc ...
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/sources/eth-os/kde/svn/extragear-multimedia/src/build'
/usr/bin/cmake -E cmake_progress_report /home/sources/eth-os/kde/svn/extragear-multimedia/src/build/CMakeFiles
[  4%] Built target amaroklib_automoc
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/sources/eth-os/kde/svn/extragear-multimedia/src/build'
make: *** [all] Error 2

#1046 2009-03-21 08:31:39

superstoned

Well, let's wait for a fix then... tnx for checking it out!

#1047 2009-03-25 18:56:37

superstoned

Markc, do you use the packages yourself? Just wondering, as less and less seem to be building lately ;-)

I know you're busy, so don't bother if you don't have time to investigate - it's just that I'm seeing all these blogs about cool features in kdebase (plasma, kwin) these days and I wanna have them big_smile

#1048 2009-03-26 04:25:20

markc
Website

@superstoned: thanks for the heads up once again. Kwin and plasma will not run on my system, not for the last 6 months, so I only use kmail, konsole and akregator on top of the little qwm window manager. Even worse for me is I can't use qtcreator because widgets will not show up and "stick" in designer! I suspect both cases relate to my hardware, as what else could it be, so I'm saving up for a new all-Intel based computer.

Anyway, this is an interesting problem... trunk/kdesupport and trunk/KDE/kdegames are both using subversion 1.6.0 and all we (Archlinux users) have is subversion 1.5.4 in [extra] so kdesupport has not been updated for over a week and was not building (out of date eigen2), hence kdebase was not building either. Now <cough> subversion depends on apr-util which depends on... tah dah, unixodbc which I ditched 2 weeks ago to be able to compile the virtuoso backend for nepomuk. So I built apr-util and a simple subversion but after all that kdesupport is still failing on eigen2...

/home/sources/eth-os/kde/svn/kdesupport/src/kdesupport/eigen2/Eigen/src/Core/GenericPacketMath.h:62: error: redefinition of 'struct Eigen::ei_packet_traits<T>'
/home/sources/eth-os/kde/svn/kdesupport/src/kdesupport/eigen2/Eigen/src/Core/util/XprHelper.h:77: error: previous definition of 'struct Eigen::ei_packet_traits<T>'
/home/sources/eth-os/kde/svn/kdesupport/src/kdesupport/eigen2/Eigen/src/Core/arch/SSE/TranscendentalFunctions.h:217: warning: 'Eigen::ei_p4f_2pi' defined but not used
make[2]: *** [eigen2/unsupported/doc/examples/CMakeFiles/BVH_Example.dir/BVH_Example.cpp.o] Error 1

Last edited by markc (2009-03-26 04:50:11)

#1049 2009-03-26 19:06:46

superstoned

markc wrote:

@superstoned: thanks for the heads up once again. Kwin and plasma will not run on my system, not for the last 6 months, so I only use kmail, konsole and akregator on top of the little qwm window manager. Even worse for me is I can't use qtcreator because widgets will not show up and "stick" in designer! I suspect both cases relate to my hardware, as what else could it be, so I'm saving up for a new all-Intel based computer.

Sucks, man. I respect the fact you can find even a shred of motivation to work on something you can't even use yourself...

markc wrote:

ZAnyway, this is an interesting problem... trunk/kdesupport and trunk/KDE/kdegames are both using subversion 1.6.0 and all we (Archlinux users) have is subversion 1.5.4 in [extra] so kdesupport has not been updated for over a week and was not building (out of date eigen2), hence kdebase was not building either. Now <cough> subversion depends on apr-util which depends on... tah dah, unixodbc which I ditched 2 weeks ago to be able to compile the virtuoso backend for nepomuk. So I built apr-util and a simple subversion but after all that kdesupport is still failing on eigen2...

LOL it's probably not funny, but I've seen this so many times, I just had to laugh out loud... Poor sod you are.

markc wrote:

Z

/home/sources/eth-os/kde/svn/kdesupport/src/kdesupport/eigen2/Eigen/src/Core/GenericPacketMath.h:62: error: redefinition of 'struct Eigen::ei_packet_traits<T>'
/home/sources/eth-os/kde/svn/kdesupport/src/kdesupport/eigen2/Eigen/src/Core/util/XprHelper.h:77: error: previous definition of 'struct Eigen::ei_packet_traits<T>'
/home/sources/eth-os/kde/svn/kdesupport/src/kdesupport/eigen2/Eigen/src/Core/arch/SSE/TranscendentalFunctions.h:217: warning: 'Eigen::ei_p4f_2pi' defined but not used
make[2]: *** [eigen2/unsupported/doc/examples/CMakeFiles/BVH_Example.dir/BVH_Example.cpp.o] Error 1

Bloody hell, why does it have to be so difficult?

Maybe in a couple of days again sad

#1050 2009-03-29 08:27:12

Last of the Wolves

kdebase and kdesupport are building here well and I had no problem with subversion from extra which actually was updated to 1.6.0 a few days ago.
I'm building everything without problems except kdebindings and extragear-multimedia. First one never built on my system, second depends now on qtscriptgenerator which I don't get installed. Because I'll write an exam tomorrow I don't have the time to investigate any further but maybe next week I'll have the time to get amarok working again.

Greetings
Stephan

Board footer