You are not logged in.

#1 2002-10-09 13:35:28

SiToR

mozilla libstdc++-error & 'pacman -Syu'error on fresh sy

hey,

can somebody explain that to me? i did a fresh install of arch-linux 0.3 on my system yesterday and after configuring x11 i booted without any errors in kde though my soundcard isn't working yet... :-((

ok, here my first question:
when i start mozilla i get an error-message that it doesn't find the file libstdc++.so.5. ok, i created a symlink from libstdc++.libc6... (i don't remember the exact filename @ the moment). but now there come's another error-message for another missing lib... ???  :?

and here my second question:
after that, i did a 'pacman -Syu' to update the system and try mozilla after that, but pacman told me errors in dependencies. some like 'alsa-lib requires alsa-driver-0.90rc2' 'kdemultimedia requires kdelibs-3.0.3-1' or something like that. but all the packages are installed sucessfully. :?

how do these errors come on my new, unchanged AL-system? :?:

ah, and shortly, how do i get my via ac'97 soundcard to work with alsa?
simply typing 'modprobe snd-via686' gives me disturbed, ultra-silent with mpg123...

thx in advance!
oh, and thx for this _GREAT_ distro! big_smile it boots at least 5 or 6 times faster than my sucking mdk 9.0b1-system.

SiToR

There are only 10 types of people in the world:

Those who understand binary,
and those who don´t.

#2 2002-10-09 14:25:29

sarah31
Website

Re: mozilla libstdc++-error & 'pacman -Syu'error on fresh sy

sound- well first thing I would do is add the necessary alsa modules to /etc.rc.local so the y comp up at boot. You can also add a line like described in the second post in this post. However in the chown line put an "-R" after chown (no quotes).

As for the rest of the problems I am not sure but i would suggest that you upgrade pacman to 2.1 and then add all of your important files (ie. /etc/rc.local) to the NoUpgrade section. Then uncomment [current] and the servers listed and [unofficial] and the servers listed. Then move the ftp.archlinux.org servers to the top of the list and then Upgrade your system again (pacman -Syu) there will be alot of packages as this will upgrade you to the gcc 3.2 built tree and all current packages in it.

Edit: I had that alsa error before but it don't remember how i resolved it. Consider such errors as growing pains. Arch is just seven months old and is rapidly being developed so bugs will crop up from time to time. Make use of the bug reporting page the you can reach from the link on the main page.

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#3 2002-10-10 08:43:14

SiToR

Re: mozilla libstdc++-error & 'pacman -Syu'error on fresh sy

ok, now (nearly) everything worx!!!  big_smile

i did the following:
- i downloaded pacman 2.1 and edited the pacman.conf
- then i did a 'pacman -Syu' wink
- because of some undownloadable/faulty downloaded packages i first removed them and reinstalled them after 'pacman -Syu' via 'pacman -S xxx'
- ok, alsa doesn't work still, i simply took the kernel-drivers. i simply edited the rc.local with a modprobe and a chown command.
- et voila! that was it.  8)

i presume my problems got solved by doing 'pacman -S pacman' and 'pacman -Syu'.

thx for ur help!

There are only 10 types of people in the world:

Those who understand binary,
and those who don´t.

Board footer