You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-23 03:41:53

Apaulo

[Solved] Aspire One - Can't get touchpad to work

I'm in the process of installing arch on a hdd One, and i've copied the xorg.conf from the AA1 Arch wiki.
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ace … Fxorg.conf

When i test the config, the "X" image displays but i can't move it with the touchpad.

This is my first arch install so i assume there's something i'm looking over. I used the most recent USB img to install, the only thing extra i've installed are the Intel and Synaptic drivers that are in the wiki.

Besides xorg.conf, the only thing i've edited is rc.conf, i just added these modules in the AA1 Arch wiki:

acpi_cpufreq ath5k !memstick pciehp r8169 !snd-pcsp uvcvideo

I tried messing around with the xorg.conf, using stuff i'm finding on the wiki, like following the "My touchpad device isn't located at /dev/input/mouse0" instructions on the Touchpad Synaptics wiki, but nothing changed.

I also added evdev and psmouse to rc.conf as suggested in that wiki, but i got nothing.

I've been getting by with all the documentation available, trying my best to not have to bug you guys, but seems like i'm stuck. If i seem pretty clueless it's because i am, this is kind of learning process for me big_smile

I would assume the xorg log would help, but not being able to copy it, and not knowing what parts would be important to type up in this post, i guess i'm kinda shooting in the dark.

Last edited by Apaulo (2009-03-23 04:31:21)

#2 2009-03-23 04:02:04

thayer
Fellow
Website

Re: [Solved] Aspire One - Can't get touchpad to work

This might sound like a silly question, but...have you tried enabling the touchpad with the Fn+F7 hotkey? I found that mine was disabled by default when I first installed Arch.

thayer williams ~ cinderwick.ca

#3 2009-03-23 04:30:13

Apaulo

WOW.

All i wanna do is bake cookies for you thayer.

Thank you.

#4 2009-03-24 19:47:44

thayer
Fellow
Website

Hehe I'm glad that helped.

thayer williams ~ cinderwick.ca

Board footer