You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-25 05:27:53

djkarat

Installing Arch on Macbook

I'm trying to install Arch onto a partition of my internal hard-disk.

I've gone through the installation procedure 6 times now, and each time, I can't seem to re-boot into Arch. I had a friend to the exact same scheme I am trying to do, however things aren't working for me.

Deepest re-vamp of my system so far:
I've erased my entire hard-disk, repartitioned it from the OS X DVD, installed OS X, then tried to install Arch. I've partitioned the Arch portion in OS Extended, and FAT, and neither appear to work. Everything during the install sequence works fine, GRUB installs correctly the first time (every time), however when I re-boot to try and enter Arch, I can never see the disk (neither using rEFIt, or holding down option). I end up going into OS X, and that can't even mount the disk, however it believes that it is an OS Extended formatted drive each time. I'm fairly sure I'm doing everything right, because I've checked things over with my friend's installation, which worked properly... however if there's something special that could be the problem, please do reply!!!

Thanks.

#2 2009-03-25 05:50:39

djkarat

Re: Installing Arch on Macbook

so now, after re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-installing Arch, I now get a "Windows" partition on my internal drive however when I try and boot into that using rEFIt or by holding down the option key, I get "Non-system disk \n Press any key to reboot \n _"

#3 2009-03-25 06:16:00

Stythys
Website

weird...I'm running arch on my macbook fine. Just popped in the arch cd, reformatted, installed, and that was it. I don't use refit though...had problems with that.

[home page] -- [code / configs]

"Once you go Arch, you must remain there for life or else Allan will track you down and break you."
-- Bregol

#4 2009-03-25 06:54:29

djkarat

did you re-format within Arch?

#5 2009-03-25 07:18:07

Stythys
Website

yep, reformatted the whole thing. I run OSX in vmware now =P

Last edited by Stythys (2009-03-25 07:18:48)

[home page] -- [code / configs]

"Once you go Arch, you must remain there for life or else Allan will track you down and break you."
-- Bregol

#6 2009-03-25 08:43:20

djkarat

for some reason gptsync doesn't work when i'm in root@archiso

Board footer