You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-27 02:30:38

slackcub

BT works with one device, but not others.

I am using bluez 4.32-1, and I am able to get my old blackberry pearl connected fine with bluez combined with bluez-simple-agent.  However, I cannot seem to get it to connect with any other device, like my WM6 phone and my roommate's Mac.  Ultimately, I'm trying to tether my WM6 device to my laptop to use the internet connection as my blackberry has died and gone to cell phone heaven.  This is what I do and what happens:

First I run bluez-simple-agent in one console and I get the following:

bash-3.2# bluez-simple-agent
Agent registered

and then I run 'hcitool cc 00:17:E7:0A:7B:73
(I know that it can see the device as it shows up when I run hcitool scan)

It will sit there for a moment, then return me to the prompt giving no output whatsoever.  Normally when I do this with my old blackberry, I would get a screen on the phone asking for a code, then the console that has bluez-simple-agent running would have a prompt come up to retype the code. 

I know it's not an issue with the phone because the exact same thing happens when I try to pair with my roommate's mac.  I know I'm forgetting something, but I can't for the life of me figure it out.  Does anyone have any ideas or can point me in the right direction? Thanks for all the help!

Board footer