You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-27 01:47:21

degmic71

Changing firefox icon in Applications > Internet?

Hi, I know I know, Gran Paradiso is the same, but I removed "Grand Paradiso" and used the AUR and yaourt to install firefox, the official one.  So, I can make a launcher on the desktop and its the Official Firefox icon, but if I make one in the System > Admin > Main Menu, it will still show up in Applications > Internet as the Icon for Gran Paraiso, that blue orb.  Why is it that creating a launcher on the desktop uses the firefox icon and Internet > Firefox is still the blue orb.  I did try and drag the desktop icon the the Main Menu editor as well. 

Help to change the Applications > Internet > Firefox icon???

THANKS!

#2 2009-03-27 02:13:51

frost

Re: Changing firefox icon in Applications > Internet?

hi there, found a bit of info for you from here: http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Gnome_Menu_tweaking

pacman -S alacarte

that will install menu editor if you havent got it yet. then what i do from there to change the icon is open Alacarte by right clicking Applications, select Edit Menus.... find Firefox that i want to change.... right-click it, select Properties... change Name to Firefox or whatever you want, click the icon on left side to change to what you want (this will all be done on the Properties window). anyways i hope this helps you out. good luck

edit: maybe you could also try a new icon theme out from gnomelook.org if you havent already.

Last edited by frost (2009-03-27 02:16:57)

#3 2009-03-27 03:05:12

degmic71

Re: Changing firefox icon in Applications > Internet?

I used the menu editor in gnome , which does exactly what you said, howerver the icons on the desktop vs. the one in Applications menu...hmmmm idk

Board footer