You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-27 04:23:43

Skripka

[SOLVED]-Upgraded motherboard and CPU-UUID error?

I upgraded (replaced) my motherboard and CPU-from a dual core to a 3 core AMD.  Still on AM2 socket with DDR2 memory.

Arch-Fallback boots fine.  But my normal Arch will not get to drive checks and boot.  The errors allude to Arch wanting to change drive UUIDs but failing.  It ends with a command ramfs$ prompt-but keyboard input does not work at it...even though keyboard in BIOS works fine

Any theories how to get the regular Arch to boot?  This bug is the only real problem with the process-I haven't done anything else to prepare or finish the upgrade.  And as I said Arch-Fallback boots and works beautifully.

Errors say:

Loading filesystem module
Attempting to create device '/dev/disk/by-uuid/blah blah blah'
ERROR; Failed to parse block device name for '/dev/disk/by-uuid/blah blah blah'
ERROR: root fs cannot be detected

happens 3 times for each of patitions mounted on system at boot.  The root UUID I know exists, as it is in GRUB to load Arch to begin with.

Last edited by Skripka (2009-03-27 12:39:45)

#2 2009-03-27 05:23:09

Odysseus

Re: [SOLVED]-Upgraded motherboard and CPU-UUID error?

Try rebuilding your initcpio,  An easy way to do it is to re-install the kernel via pacman,

I'm the type to fling myself headlong through the magical wardrobe, and then incinerate the ornate mahogany portal behind me with a Molotov cocktail.

#3 2009-03-27 12:39:29

Skripka

Re: [SOLVED]-Upgraded motherboard and CPU-UUID error?

Odysseus wrote:

Try rebuilding your initcpio,  An easy way to do it is to re-install the kernel via pacman,

Excellent-thank you! big_smile

Board footer