You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-27 16:57:43

neuwerld
Website

pypanel spacing against bottom [SOLVED]

Hello I would really like to know if there is a answer to my question.
In this http://xs225.xs.to/xs225/08124/03.20.2008-shot616.png screenshot you can see that there is a spacing between the pypanel and the bottom of the screen.
Is there anybody that know how to fix this? I have tried to conf all sort of things but can´t seem to get it to work.

/Neuwerld

Last edited by neuwerld (2009-03-27 21:48:53)

#2 2009-03-27 18:05:21

hBd
Website

Re: pypanel spacing against bottom [SOLVED]

i saw that shot before, and if i'm not wrong this is not yours! u want to have spacing or not ? what do u mean about fixing? if you want to remove you need to set :
P_L_BUFF        = 0
P_R_BUFF        = 0
P_T_BUFF        = 0
P_B_BUFF        = 0
all to zero! if u want to have space u need to patch the pypanel, or there is a pkg on AUR: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=17137

#3 2009-03-27 18:31:30

neuwerld
Website

hBd wrote:

i saw that shot before, and if i'm not wrong this is not yours! u want to have spacing or not ? what do u mean about fixing? if you want to remove you need to set :
P_L_BUFF        = 0
P_R_BUFF        = 0
P_T_BUFF        = 0
P_B_BUFF        = 0
all to zero! if u want to have space u need to patch the pypanel, or there is a pkg on AUR: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=17137

I´m sorry if I wasn´t totally clear with what I wanted, the screenshot is not mine I just took it from another post on the forum.
So then I need to install pypanel gaps to get the gap between the pypanel and the bottom of the screen then?

/Neuwerld

#4 2009-03-27 19:35:36

hBd
Website

yep! and in the conf set the BUFF lines to different of zero!
ps sorry for my english, it's not my mother language and im a little drunk! big_smile \o/

#5 2009-03-27 19:47:45

neuwerld
Website

hBd wrote:

ps sorry for my english, it's not my mother language and im a little drunk! big_smile \o/

If you have time and/or feel like it I would be very glad if you could guide me to how to install the script that you linked to earlier.
Im really not that good on that kinda things, im kinda new to the whole linux scene hmm

/Neuwerld

#6 2009-03-27 20:21:32

Reasons

neuwerld wrote:
hBd wrote:

If you have time and/or feel like it I would be very glad if you could guide me to how to install the script that you linked to earlier.
Im really not that good on that kinda things, im kinda new to the whole linux scene hmm

/Neuwerld

It would be easiest to use the AUR package. Go to the aur link he gave and click on files. Download the .patch and PKGBUILD. Make a folder called pypanel and place both files there. Then, cd to that directory you just make with the files and run the command makepkg. It will build the package for you. Then you need to, as root, run pacman -U *.tar.gz to install.

For future use of the AUR, look into a package call yaourt.

EDIT - Thanks for liking my shot. wink

Last edited by Reasons (2009-03-27 20:22:23)

#7 2009-03-27 20:27:03

neuwerld
Website

Reasons wrote:
neuwerld wrote:
hBd wrote:

/Neuwerld

It would be easiest to use the AUR package. Go to the aur link he gave and click on files. Download the .patch and PKGBUILD. Make a folder called pypanel and place both files there. Then, cd to that directory you just make with the files and run the command makepkg. It will build the package for you. Then you need to, as root, run pacman -U *.tar.gz to install.

For future use of the AUR, look into a package call yaourt.

EDIT - Thanks for liking my shot. wink

Thanks, I will try this right now.
I have used makepkg a little (i´m still learning), I don´t want to use yaourt isn´t that a graphical installer?
I want to learn to do it the best way but also the hard way tongue
Haha yes your screen is really nice.

Thanks again for the help, if I stumble on some problems I will get back to you!

/Neuwerld

#8 2009-03-27 20:37:11

neuwerld
Website

When I tried to install I got back that I already had the file existing in the filesystem, is there a way to force it to upgrade or what am I supposed to do ? hmm

/Neuwerld

#9 2009-03-27 21:14:59

brisbin33
Website

the aur pypanel is conflicting with the existing pypanel.  you should've also got a message saying "replacing packages with -U is not supported" or something. 

pacman -R pypanel before pacman -U ing the new aur package.

Last edited by brisbin33 (2009-03-27 21:15:46)

#10 2009-03-27 21:33:39

neuwerld
Website

brisbin33 wrote:

the aur pypanel is conflicting with the existing pypanel.  you should've also got a message saying "replacing packages with -U is not supported" or something. 

pacman -R pypanel before pacman -U ing the new aur package.

Haha I am stupid I figured out right after my last post what to do, but thanks for the help.
It works like a charm now smile
Now I can mark this thread as solved.

/Neuwerld

#11 2009-03-28 10:49:27

hBd
Website

i'm glad to see that u resolve the problem without me smile

Board footer