You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-18 04:25:13

slackcub

GSPCA webcam distortion issues

I recently moved over to Arch Linux form Slackware, and I am liking it so for, overall.  I am having some trouble getting my webcam working, though.  I didn't have any problems with it in Slackware, but I am here.  This is what I've got:

I searched around the forum and I found a partial solution to my problem.  I have added `export LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/libv4l/v4l2convert.so` to my .profile.  Now whenever I open up my video preferences in kopete, I get a single clear frame that has been grabbed by my cam.  It looks fine, but it's not moving, as it should be.  When I close the configuration screen, the light on my webcam goes off.  Upon attempting to re-open the configuration editor, this is what I see:

3363999439_fbfa10190a.jpg

I get the same thing with skype, and xawtv

I am having other issues with kopete(it doesn't seem to be notifying other yahoo/aim users of capabilities like me being able to view their webcam, or file sharing), but that's a topic for another post. 

Any assistance or guidance you could give me would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

David

#2 2009-03-29 19:03:37

Damnshock

Re: GSPCA webcam distortion issues

try exporting to v4l1compat.so instead and see what happens wink

My blog: blog.marcdeop.com
Jabber ID: damnshock@jabber.org

#3 2009-03-29 19:13:00

slackcub

Re: GSPCA webcam distortion issues

Actually I did a lot more research and saw somewhere that it's actually a bug in the kernel having to do with USB 1.1 to 2,.0 bandwidth allocation when devices are plugged into a hub.  I plug it directly into my box and it works fine now.  However I still don't have a /sys/modules/gspca_spca561/parameteres directory, which would be nice.

Board footer