You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-29 17:22:21

shak

where is empty trash bin option with kdemo4

Hi guys !

I'm new with kdemod , and i really like it . However i have some questions , where is the empty trash bin option ? When i right click on the trash icon all i get is delete icon and some other options abou the icon .

Also , why i can't see downloaded files (which are downloaded to desktop) on desktop and i have to go through /home/myname/Desktop to access them ?

And lastly , i want to use kdemod with no effects at all , i go through System Settings , Desktop and turn off Desktop Effects ? (i did that and i can still see the preview of windows when the mouse goes over them)

Thanks for your help smile

Last edited by shak (2009-03-29 17:27:39)

#2 2009-03-29 19:40:40

mcmillan

Re: where is empty trash bin option with kdemo4

About the trash can - What icon are you refering to? The one on the desktop? Anyway I see the option to empty for any trash icons (on desktop or in dolphin) so I'm not sure what the problem is on your end.

For the desktop view, I know there's a setting that needs to be changed to get that, but I don't know it myself.

For the window preview - Is that the only effect you're seeing? If you mean the preview in the task bar, that's not turned on or off by the desktop effects. If you right click on the task bar you can get to options and uncheck "show tooltips"

#3 2009-03-30 06:50:17

shak

thanks for your reply !

basically each icon that is on desktop when i choose right click all i get is some operations about the icon for example delete icon or icon properties where i choose about permissions .i don't see the empty trash bin or move or make link like i see them in gnome .

can anyone help me ? Thanks a lot !

Last edited by shak (2009-03-30 09:01:00)

#4 2009-03-30 11:29:26

funkyou
Website

Did you just drag and drop the trash icon from dolphin to the desktop or something like that?

Try adding the trash plasmoid to your desktop. Works for me.

want a modular and tweaked KDE for arch? try kdemod

#5 2009-03-30 13:53:46

shak

thanks for your help ! i didn't know that i had to do that in order to get a fully funtional trash icon , it worked smile

and i 've found the solution for the desktop issue where i wanted to see my files in the Desktop directory , through Appearance Settings, Desktop Activity you choose folder view and everything is fine

thanks again!

Board footer