You are not logged in.

#1 2009-03-31 12:19:56

Dinth

Save Konsole output

KDE4 Konsole saves all console output in current session (when its enabled in options). But is there posible to do this in between sessions, so im running Konsole and get all console output from last session ?

#2 2009-03-31 15:14:48

Ranguvar

Re: Save Konsole output

I'm not sure what you're asking?

#3 2009-03-31 16:22:21

Dinth

Ive always said that my English is bad, especially when i want to say something complicated smile
Normally terminals show few pges of terminal output (shift+pgup), but Konsole can (when regarding option is enabled) show all terminal output in current session, so i thing that it must be saved somewhere.
And now, when i turn down my computer, KDE saves session, after booting it again, KDE restores session, run Konsole if it was run before reboot, make tabs which ive had run in Konsole, before reboot, but they are blank. Is there some possiblity or hack to restore it.

Why i need this?

Because use script which runs very, very long (about 12hours), fetches data from paid service, parses it, and outputs parsed data in which im intrested to stdout. So normally i run this script in the evening and in next morning i have in Konsole all results. But sometimes in the night or in the morning power goes down, computer shuts down, and i completly loose this (made from fetched data, for which i've paid!) results, before i wake up in the morning and copy them to safe place. This is very frustating for me, and also causes money loose sad

#4 2009-03-31 16:27:02

tehsis

I supposed you cand do $script > output.file. So all output of script will be writen in output.file and then you can see it with more or less (or some text editor)

Board footer