You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-02 06:05:25

KuroYoma

Normal user login fails but root user does not on Slim login to XFCE

This happened right after a update yesterday. I can still log in as root on slim to xfce but my normal user just flashes and then returns to slim login screen.  On terminal I can log in as both users just fine so I am kinda confused.

Last edited by KuroYoma (2009-04-02 14:48:53)

#2 2009-04-02 15:42:39

JK3mp

Re: Normal user login fails but root user does not on Slim login to XFCE

Did you install a new window manager? Or did you mess with any GUI/WM configs? That would be my bet...sometimes installing new windows manager if you don't replace can have a similiar effect. Its not so much a login problem (as u said) but a desktop config problems and since it can't bring it up it takes you back to login..why that is im not sure..sorry couldn't be more help, but if any of the above questions are a yes answer than there ya go, just login as root and undo or uninstall whate you did and follow directions better , linux can be tricky and easily messed up (for user's who aren't educated well on the configuration and concepts), which is the only downside to linux, but i guess its just choice...what do you want ,User friendly stability, or MAXIMUM CUSTOMIZATION....

#3 2009-04-02 15:44:19

JK3mp

Re: Normal user login fails but root user does not on Slim login to XFCE

Sorry i need to read more closely...you said after an update right? hmm...im a lil newer to arch so im not 100 percent sure how to check updates, but did your update get cut off in the middle? Might of cut of some dependencies, but if your root logs in find then its probably not that...sounds like a confusing problem. Sucks to hear.... sad

Board footer