You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-02 21:46:19

zapyourit

[SOLVED] Xfce + Compiz = Problems

Hello again all.

I have a couple problems under Xfce using Compiz-Fusion. The most annoying of these problems being that the Workspace Switcher, the pager really, is completely useless under Compiz. The pager has all 6 of the desktops I like to use, but when using the Desktop Wall plugin for Compiz, I can only use one of these "workspaces" of Xfce whereas I have 6 "viewports" set for Compiz. So basically what I have going on is 6 viewports in each of the 6 workspaces I have set up. My question is this: how do I get workspaces and viewports to play nice so that they understand one another and I have 6 only, allowing me to switch viewports in Compiz showing as switching workspaces in the pager? Right now I am limited to using the Expo plugin in order to see where my apps are located.

Secondly, going hand in hand with the first problem, my taskbar now lists all of the open applications because they are all seen under one workspace even though they are in different viewports. I think that if I fix one problem, the other will be fixed as well.

Any ideas on either problem?

Also, as a side note, some of the menus that come up when right clicking, for instance the taskbar menu, intermittently decide not to actually show any text under Compiz. I have no idea why that is as Compiz is, for the most part, rather stable.

Any help is appreciated as always.

~M

Last edited by zapyourit (2009-04-02 23:12:41)

#2 2009-04-02 22:57:23

whoops

Re: [SOLVED] Xfce + Compiz = Problems

Hi!

Got compiz/xfce here too, works fine with desktop wall. Did you try setting amount of desktops to 1 in compiz? Only virtual x / y are used, if you set multiple "real" desktop, xfce gets confuse (plus you get 3 x 2 x 6 = 36 virtual Desktops to loose windows on wink).

Last edited by whoops (2009-04-02 23:03:07)

#3 2009-04-02 23:12:26

zapyourit

Re: [SOLVED] Xfce + Compiz = Problems

Thanks for the reply. I actually have tried that, but it actually didn't work the way I planned. Oh well. I'm actually getting rid of Compiz and Kiba Dock as we speak. I see no real need for it anymore to be honest haha. Sorry to waste your time! The eye candy is all kinds of pretty, but I really don't need it. Just makes me tinker more which isn't quite that good considering I have a habit of breaking things. I might come back one day, but we will just have to see.

Board footer