You are not logged in.

#1051 2009-03-29 10:22:07

Rasi
Website

Re: Daily KDE4 Subversion Packages

Last of the Wolves wrote:

kdebase and kdesupport are building here well and I had no problem with subversion from extra which actually was updated to 1.6.0 a few days ago.
I'm building everything without problems except kdebindings and extragear-multimedia. First one never built on my system, second depends now on qtscriptgenerator which I don't get installed. Because I'll write an exam tomorrow I don't have the time to investigate any further but maybe next week I'll have the time to get amarok working again.

Greetings
Stephan

http://dev.archlinux.org/~tpowa/amarok/ … generator/

He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.

Douglas Adams

#1052 2009-03-29 10:25:50

ozeta

guys, what the hell is that?!? sad

snapshot3.jpg

#1053 2009-03-29 10:33:31

habarnam
Website

Yep, I confirm the same thing... A serious regression it seems.
Same behaviour with vanilla .kde too. Downgrading big_smile.

#1054 2009-03-29 10:47:48

y0g1

The same here on x86_64 sad

#1055 2009-03-29 10:57:11

Last of the Wolves

@Rasi: Thanks for searching but it doesn't compile here with the following error:

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/stephan/sources/eth-os/kde/stephan/qtscriptgenerator/src/qtscriptgenerator-src-0.1.0/qtbindings/qtscript_xmlpatterns'
make -f Makefile.Release
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/stephan/sources/eth-os/kde/stephan/qtscriptgenerator/src/qtscriptgenerator-src-0.1.0/qtbindings/qtscript_xmlpatterns'
make[2]: *** Keine Regel vorhanden, um das Target »../../generated_cpp/com_trolltech_qt_xmlpatterns/main.cpp«, 
  benötigt von »release/main.o«, zu erstellen.  Schluss.
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/stephan/sources/eth-os/kde/stephan/qtscriptgenerator/src/qtscriptgenerator-src-0.1.0/qtbindings/qtscript_xmlpatterns'
make[1]: *** [release] Fehler 2

Translated the error means something like: "No rule to create the target >>...<<, needed by >>release/main.o<<"
Anybody any idea?

@ozeta && habarnam
no problem here. Maybe you can switch to my repo for one or two days.

Greetings
Stephan

#1056 2009-03-29 11:23:39

Rasi
Website

@Rasi: Thanks for searching but it doesn't compile here with the following error:

make[1]: Entering directory `/home/stephan/sources/eth-os/kde/stephan/qtscriptgenerator/src/qtscriptgenerator-src-0.1.0/qtbindings/qtscript_xmlpatterns'
make -f Makefile.Release
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/stephan/sources/eth-os/kde/stephan/qtscriptgenerator/src/qtscriptgenerator-src-0.1.0/qtbindings/qtscript_xmlpatterns'
make[2]: *** Keine Regel vorhanden, um das Target »../../generated_cpp/com_trolltech_qt_xmlpatterns/main.cpp«, 
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/stephan/sources/eth-os/kde/stephan/qtscriptgenerator/src/qtscriptgenerator-src-0.1.0/qtbindings/qtscript_xmlpatterns'

Translated the error means something like: "No rule to create the target >>...<<, needed by >>release/main.o<<"
Anybody any idea?

Strange.. i have built this without problems just a few hours ago. (Against qt from [testing]

He hoped and prayed that there wasn't an afterlife. Then he realized there was a contradiction involved here and merely hoped that there wasn't an afterlife.

Douglas Adams

#1057 2009-03-29 11:34:28

habarnam
Website

Stephan, I have your repo (if you mean:  Server = http://pkg.markconstable.com/kde/stephan/x86_64/) - but I have nothing but kdesupport in it.

If you are talking about another repo, please post the url again, as I couldn't find it in the thread.

#1058 2009-03-29 13:08:27

Last of the Wolves

@habarnam: As mark already said pkg.markconstable.com shouldn't be used anymore. Try Server = http://pkg.eth-os.org/kde/stephan/x86_64/.

Greetings
Stephan

#1059 2009-03-29 13:31:43

markc
Website

Well well, I removed all of my /home/sources/kdesupport/ svn folder and did a fresh checkout and now my kdesupport and kdebase have built (i686 uploading now)! I'm not sure if it is coincidence or my long running local svn repo sufferred from some kind of bitrot. Still no extragear-multimedia though.

Stephans packages are actually stored on the eth-os.org server whereas my kde-svn packages are stored at markconstable.com but they are available from eth-os.org via simple apache redirection. As I mentioned before, it's best to stick to the eth-os.org URL so I can swap and change the backend servers with minimum fuss. I'll eventually upload everything only to eth-os.org and make a rsync copy from there to mc.com so it's a complete mirror.

#1060 2009-03-29 13:46:54

habarnam
Website

Ok, great... Thanx both of you for the great packages.
I will be back with feedback on the problem mentioned above.

Ok, now works - with the packages from stephan's repo.

Last edited by habarnam (2009-03-29 14:58:07)

#1061 2009-03-29 17:50:46

mangus

make -f Makefile.Release

Anybody any idea?

It's a qt packaging issue, see
http://chakra-project.org/bugs/showreport.php?bugid=220
cheers

#1062 2009-03-30 22:54:30

karoshi

Thanks again for this great packages!

BTW, to restart plasma, its now

kquitapp plasma-desktop && plasma-desktop

not just "plasma" anymore.

It's a bug planet!

#1063 2009-03-31 05:59:56

markc
Website

@mangus: excellent link, thanks.

@karoshi: that's useful to know, thanks also.

I've rebuilt the kde-svn qt-copy/qt-copy-doc packages using configure -exceptions (instead of -no-exceptions) and will try extragear-multimedia again. I'm also trying out a plain amarok package with a few other support packages in kde-extra. qt-copy has -no-phonon and I've experimented with iodbc instead on unixodbc as a dependency for qt and so far no complaints from the compile process. I also simplified the provides=() and conflicts=() as I noticed I was asked if it should replace the standard extra/qt everytime I did an update (when running with extra/qt the last week or two). Hopefully it should be easier now to use either extra/qt or kde-svn/qt-copy.

Arora is not building atm so no updates for it in the last few days.

Has anyone any thoughts about the best way to handle phonon, whether it should be part of kdesupport of a standalone package?

#1064 2009-03-31 07:29:58

karoshi

Building amarok2-svn (http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?ID=16935, posts of "sjakub" maybe give useful information) and using akonadi didnt work for me with qt-copy and using newest mysql packages from [testing].
I have to use qt (http://repos.archlinux.org/viewvc.cgi/q … iew=markup) from [testing] right now.

Last edited by karoshi (2009-03-31 07:34:30)

It's a bug planet!

#1065 2009-03-31 11:14:47

markc
Website

There is now a kde-extra/mysql-static package that only contains /usr/lib/libmysqld.a needed to compile amarok.

I got a little further with qtscriptgenerator, which is apparently is needed to build the latest amarok, anyone else want to take a shot at it then grab http://eth-os.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ … generator/

eth-os-gui/arora built with the standard webkit (ie; by not using the latest webkit from staikos Git repo). firefox-nightly updated.

#1066 2009-03-31 16:54:02

mutlu_inek

markc wrote:

I got a little further with qtscriptgenerator, which is apparently is needed to build the latest amarok, anyone else want to take a shot at it then grab http://eth-os.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ … generator/

Also have a look at: http://dev.archlinux.org/~tpowa/amarok/ … generator/

#1067 2009-04-01 00:52:33

atomopawn

markc wrote:

@superstoned: Even worse for me is I can't use qtcreator because widgets will not show up and "stick" in designer! I suspect both cases relate to my hardware, as what else could it be, so I'm saving up for a new all-Intel based computer.

Plasma is completely unusable on my shiny new all-Intel system. at the moment (I think it's related to kernel-2.6.29, though, since windowmaker, twm, and fluxbox also suddenly have major graphical artifacts...) so you're not missing that much.

Thanks again for maintaining these.  It is awesome to be able to immediately benefit from new features and patches as they are added to the svn tree instead of waiting for the Arch Devs to package everything up and test it for general consumption.

#1068 2009-04-01 16:15:24

EvilSide

@markc - look the date of extragear-multimedia, its 11 January.
Why this package is not building? And amarok is placed in it, right?

#1069 2009-04-02 03:30:45

markc
Website

@mutlu_inek: thanks for the link... still no luck.

@atomopawn: okay, so there is some kind of kernel issue involved as well. I do wonder if I should stop providing broken packages though. It's a pity some KDE developers didn't use the kde-svn, or Stephans, packages so they had some idea of the true state of KDE trunk from day to day.

@EvilSide: yes, it's a pity but extragear-multimedia just won't build. I tried to set up a standalone kde-extra/amarok package but I can't get it to build either.

#1070 2009-04-02 16:09:58

markc
Website

In case anyone may be interested, I think I've got a pretty good eth-os-dev/qt-snapshot available with all demos and examples built in debug mode along with all the private headers from the build itself. Some components like qtcreator require these private headers to build but they're not needed just run programs. Oops, I have to upload them yet, 130Mb, so give it a couple of hours after this post. Even the mediaplayer example built and RUNS! Well, the example I just tried picked up on the KDE phonon_xine backend but it's played back an mp3 and a mov so far without crashing.

I am particularly interested in feedback on this package so if anyone uses it and has any thoughts on the PKGBUILD then please let me know. The next one in another few days won't include pre-built demos and examples as I start trimming it back down size as much as I can without removing the good stuff. I'll also try and include phonon_vlc as well. BEWARE that it will overwrite a lot of qt-copy so I'd do a sudo pacman -Rd qt-copy && sudo pacman -Sf qt-snapshot, and reverse that procedure if you have any problems. The PKGBUILD is at http://eth-os.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ … -snapshot/. If you want to build this qt-snapshot for yourself then just make a /home/sources directory and chown it to your user perms, put the files from the svn repo in /home/sources/eth-os/eth-os/dev/qt-snapshot, cd there and makepkg -isL.

#1071 2009-04-03 16:08:42

wrc1944

@marckc,
I keep getting this problem, you mentioned above, whether I answer Y or n. Also, can't find your new qt-snapshot package- (I must be blind). roll

resolving dependencies...
looking for inter-conflicts...
:: qt-copy conflicts with qt. Remove qt? [Y/n] n
error: unresolvable package conflicts detected
error: failed to prepare transaction (conflicting dependencies)
:: qt-copy: conflicts with qt
bash-3.2# pacman -S qt-copy
:: qt-copy conflicts with qt. Remove qt? [Y/n] Y
:: iodbc conflicts with unixodbc. Remove unixodbc? [Y/n] n
:: iodbc: conflicts with unixodbc

I haven't updated your packages in 2 weeks- I was gone on vacation. Just did everything else, but am now stuck on the above problem.
For now, I guess I'll try installing your packages against the Arch qt-4.5.0, unless I can get qt-copy or snapshot working.

EDIT:  OK, that doesn't work either. After installing the Arch qt-4.5, and trying a manual install of your packages (omiting qt-copy in your list), I still get this:

bash-3.2# pacman -S extragear-base  extragear-graphics  extragear-multimedia  extragear-network  extragear-pim  kdeaccessibility  kdeadmin  kdeartwork  kdebase  kdebindings  kdeedu  kdegames  kdegraphics  kdelibs kdemultimedia  kdenetwork  kdepim  kdepimlibs  kdeplasma-addons  kdereview  kdesdk  kdesupport  kdetoys  kdeutils  kdevelop  kdevplatform  kdewebdev  koffice  playground-base-plasma  playground-libs
warning: kdebindings-4.3.0-2009012017 is up to date -- reinstalling
warning: kdereview-4.3.0-2009012017 is up to date -- reinstalling
:: iodbc conflicts with unixodbc. Remove unixodbc? [Y/n] n
:: iodbc: conflicts with unixodbc
bash-3.2#

If I try and remove iodbc, pacman says:

bash-3.2# pacman -Rd iodbc
iodbc not found, searching for group...
error: 'iodbc': not found in local db

Anyone else seeing this problem? Seems like unixodbc is installed, but something in the kde-svn packages is still wanting iodbc, and due to my considerable ignorance I can't so far figure out how to resolve this conflict. roll

Last edited by wrc1944 (2009-04-03 16:23:46)

#1072 2009-04-03 16:30:51

wrc1944

Tried removing the Arch qt and going back to qt-copy, and still get this:

bash-3.2# pacman -Sf kde-svn-all
kde-svn-all package not found, searching for group...
:: group kde-svn-all (including ignored packages):
    extragear-base  extragear-graphics  extragear-multimedia  extragear-network  extragear-pim  
    kdeaccessibility  kdeadmin  kdeartwork  kdebase  kdebindings  kdeedu  kdegames  kdegraphics  kdelibs  
    kdemultimedia  kdenetwork  kdepim  kdepimlibs  kdeplasma-addons  kdereview  kdesdk  kdesupport  kdetoys  
    kdeutils  kdevelop  kdevplatform  kdewebdev  koffice  playground-base-plasma  playground-libs  qt-copy  
:: Install whole content? [Y/n] Y   
:: group kde-svn-all (including ignored packages):
    kdesvn  kgrubeditor  kvirc  lensfun  libmsn  libmtp  
:: Install whole content? [Y/n] Y
warning: kdebindings-4.3.0-2009012017 is up to date -- reinstalling
warning: kdereview-4.3.0-2009012017 is up to date -- reinstalling
warning: downgrading package kdesvn (1.2.4-1 => 1.2.2+-2009031315)
warning: kgrubeditor-1.0-2009031315 is up to date -- reinstalling
warning: kvirc-4.0-2009031315 is up to date -- reinstalling
warning: lensfun-0.2.4-2009031315 is up to date -- reinstalling
warning: libmsn-4.0-2009031315 is up to date -- reinstalling
:: qt-copy conflicts with qt. Remove qt? [Y/n] Y
:: iodbc conflicts with unixodbc. Remove unixodbc? [Y/n] Y
error: failed to prepare transaction (could not satisfy dependencies)
:: apr-util: requires unixodbc
:: poppler-qt: requires qt>=4.5.0
:: pyqt: requires qt>=4.4.3
:: tapioca-qt: requires qt>=4.3.2
:: telepathy-qt: requires qt>=4.3.2
bash-3.2#

#1073 2009-04-03 16:59:58

markc
Website

@wrc1944: sorry about this.. messy indeed.  qt-snapshot 4.5.0-2009040213 has provides=(qt>=4.5.0) so it should be okay to pacman -Rd all those dependencies, force install qt-snapshot and re-install the above dependencies. I've also got a local apr-util and subversion built against iodbc instead of unixodbc but they're not in the repo yet. I changed the provides of qt-copy precisely to try and get around these issues but I simplified it too much, seems like it needs provides=(qt>=4.5.0) and not just provides=(qt) like I think it is now so I guess I should roll another qt-copy with the right provides=() line.

Yes, the 2 qt-snapshot packages took about 12 hours to upload as I had some local network issues. I've been using the snapshot for over 24 hours now and it seems pretty good except that opengl demos segfault (not too surprising, still experimental) and some of the docs are still missing.

#1074 2009-04-03 19:27:39

Rasi
Website

I am a bit surprised that there are qt-snapshots packages available still... trolltech said that qt should be moved to git a month ago... didnt that happen?

Douglas Adams

#1075 2009-04-04 03:05:50

markc
Website

@Rasi: yes, they have been using Git internally for quite a while. I'm using rsync://rsync.trolltech.com/qt-all-4.5/ which I think is an rsync feed of their Git repo. I haven't checked but they probably still provide daily tarballs of the Git repo as well but obviously the rsync feed would be more efficient to pull every day.

@wrc1944: how did you go, have you got any hair left?

Update: I have updated my build machine to [testing] so I hope that doesn't cause even more grief with the next set of kde-svn packages.

I also updated the eth-os-dev/apr-util and subversion (which depends on apr-util) packages because this apr-util is built with iodbc instead of unixodbc and best I can tell is it still works (neither apr-util or subversion tested much though) and there is non-threaded eth-os-cli/sqlite3 that contains a static lib not available from the standard one (same story as the embedded static MySQL needed by amarok but not provided by the standard mysql package).

I'm building new qt-copy packages atm with only a provides=("qt=4.5.0" "qt4=4.5.0"), and removed conflicts=() etc, so I hope this eases swapping between the standard qt (which I only just realized provides for a package called qt4!), kde-svn/qt-copy and eth-os-dev/qt-snapshot. All 3 drop files in the same places so the idea is it should be possible to install any one of the 3 and it'll cleanly overwrite the previous one. Heh, we'll see. If anyone wants to run a stable extra/qt or kde-svn/qt-copy as well as a separate development qt then just grab a tarball from Trolltech... I mean Nokia, and install it whereever else you want (/opt or ~). QtCreator will work with a number of installed qt's. As I found out, the official qt-sdk, which includes qtcreator and qt 4.5, does not provide the private headers needed to build qtcreator itself and a couple of the demos so my eth-os-dev/qt-snapshot is needed for full development without having to build a current qt yourself. Oh, it drops these private headers in /usr which is non-standard so I would imagine that replacing this qt-snapshot with qt or qt-copy would require specifically removing qt-snapshot first, so it cleans up those private headers, before installing qt/qt-copy.

As always, suggestions and ideas are most welcome.

Last edited by markc (2009-04-04 04:54:11)

Board footer