You are not logged in.

#1 2009-04-07 06:28:33

Perre

Changing graphics card

Hi!

I've been using Freevo for quite some time now, but with the amazing performance boost VDPAU gives to old computers I'm changing to XBMC. I'm going to buy a nVidia 9600GT and to avoid too much problems I'll ask some questions here in forehand. smile

When I change my video card:
* What do I do with my xorg.conf? Will the computer recognize my new card and configure it or will my old xorg.conf confuse things? Should I delete xorg.conf and then put in my new card?

* I'm going to use the nVidia beta drivers. But when I tried to install them yesterday they conflicted with the regular drivers. Can I just #pacman -Rs nvidia first and then re-install all the nvidia beta stuff? Will this give me trouble with X?

* Do I have to enable VDPAU in some config file or nvidia-settings?

Installing XBMC:
* What package from AUR should I use? xbmc 8.10-10 or xbmc-vdpau? I read that VDPAU comes as default in XBMC now so I want the package that gets reguraly updated.

* Do I have to enable VDPAU in XBMC?

* How can I check that VDPAU is working (besides the amazing performance tongue)

I'm really looking forward to using XBMC. A new interface and new features to play with is a nice spare time activity for the easter.

Last edited by Perre (2009-04-07 15:44:52)

#2 2009-04-08 07:14:35

Perre

Re: Changing graphics card

bump

Board footer