You are not logged in.

#1 2004-11-13 14:51:56

dammit

kernel nitro3 and menuconfig

Hi, im having the stranges occurrences.
I tried 2 use this PKGBUILD of nitro in here http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php? … ight=nitro, but changed the nitrover = 3.

it downloaded fine, and it goes to the choice menu :
==> How do you want to configure the kernel:
==> ----------------------------------------
==> (for ArchLinux defaults, use 'not_at_all (1)')
==>
1) not_at_all
2) menuconfig
3) xconfig
4) oldconfig
5) config

when i choose '2', it goes into menuconfig ok, but once i get there, the only keys i can use is enter and esc. when i press the arrow keys to try to move, it already ask you if you want to save the config.  I find this very strange since I compiled nitro2 thru menuconfig the last time and it operated normally.

Since menuconfig is out of wack, i tried xconfig, and it operated normally.  But strange thing is that after it starts compiling, in the middle of the compliation, i get this error :

if [ -r System.map ]; then /sbin/depmod -ae -F System.map -b /var/abs/local/kernel26/pkg -r 2.6.9-nitro3-ARCH; fi
WARNING: /var/abs/local/kernel26/pkg/lib/modules/2.6.9-nitro3-ARCH/kernel/drivers/video/vesafb-tng.ko needs unknown symbol vesafb_setup
./PKGBUILD: line 133: cd: /var/abs/local/kernel26/pkg/lib/modules/2.6.9-nitro3: No such file or directory
==> ERROR: Build Failed.  Aborting...

which I am stoked as what it means.

thanks
dammit

#2 2004-11-14 05:13:40

zhitch

Re: kernel nitro3 and menuconfig

I would just download the sources and patch the kernel the old fashioned way...Im running it right now and havent had any probs...although I dont use the framebuffer for anything....I know it is a bit goofy sometimes when you use the Vesa-tng ...its still kinda new

Board footer