I have the following wierd thing happening. I shut my computer down, on which I am using Gnome with German language settings - everything worked fine and except for browsing the net I did not do anything that session.
After 30 min I started my computer again and everything works fine - excpet for that the languages of the applets in the panel have changed. Not that the whole settings for gnome changed - no, just for the apllets - everything else is still german. I played with the language settings in gdm and nothing helped. I updated gnome to 2.8.1 but still the same error. The clock, Weather plugin, virtual desktops - everything is in english
Well, if somebody knows how to solve that problem - please let me know!!!